Mushihimesama (PC Steam) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushihimesama (PC Steam) review

When i started it was not fall screen and when i tried to shortcut expand it crashed so had to reload but worked fine once i selected full screen in options

This was my first attempt at stage 1 on original mode

Played a bit more since then does get some slowdown which i really do not see as a negative as helps with the amount of bullets on screen but did get a few times a noticeable stutter pause in the game play

You get novice/original/arrange and 1.5 modes with the deluxe edition if you go for the normal edition 1.5 is dlc

Have heard a few people having issues but i have had no crashes yet
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Is the framerate remaining solid during the slowdown?

Comment

I've had no crashes. The slowdown is intentional btw The stutter on the other hand....

Comment

Yeah just checked with fraps and frame rate remains the same

Comment

Degica posted on the shmups forum and they say that a patch is coming to sort a few issues - so they are listening to customer feedback

Comment

They mentioned as well next cave game announcement will be sometime in november ...i have no idea what game they will do next

Comment

Just played arrange mode...i really like the music so much better but the final boss my god that was insane can only dish out damage when the screen is filled with bullets

Comment

Is that the bolt on dlc? Is it worth it and is it still a few quid?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  Is that the bolt on dlc? Is it worth it and is it still a few quid?
                  Nahh 1.5 is the Dlc

If you go for the deluxe version for ?14.24 you get the dlc and the Ost

Comment

For some reason I wasn't able to play at my in-laws' over the weekend. The game kept freezing on the title screen after pressing Start.

Now that I'm back home a quick update seemed to fix it. And ****, if this isn't one of the most addictive games I've played recently. It's incredibly moreish. Most of the patterns seem to have pretty obvious safe routes (especially when all the bullets slow down the action. ) and the scoring system really goes berserk on Ultra. I need to look at some guides though; the hitbox seems to change around at times, or it's me being shize. Anyway, I'll go back to Normal after I've hulked up on Ultra for a couple more days.

The stage 5 boss seems like a real coin guzzler though, with one of its patterns in particular. I'm bombing my way to safety as it's a complete gamble trying to navigate that mess otherwise.

What's the deal with the Arrange and 1.5 modes?

Comment

Did a first stage vid in each mode

They seem to be updating it at a fair old pace been several patches since release

Comment

There's a lot of horrible screen tearing with the latest update. Too bad as I'd just learned the staggered shot techniques.

I have to wait until whatever they have done gets reverted. Screen tearing on games like this makes your head hurt.

Comment

Working...
                        X