No announcement yet.

Hi-Fi Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished this now and can't say enough good things about it.

It's a solid character action game in its own right, but the rhythmic elements work great both inside and out of battle on top of that, and all of the QTE-ish bits are also challenging and fun in a way that so few games get right. It looks gorgeous, is charming, genuinely funny, and has some great music to push it all about too. The way it transitions between cut scenes and gameplay is totally seamless, and there's a wealth of personality in the animation of nearly everything you come across. I don't get this "it's like a lost Dreamcast game!" angle I've seen some folks pushing - I think what this means is that it's a single player game that isn't set in a massive open world or meant to take 50 hours to finish, and that it has an art style that isn't just chasing realism.

Had it have been released a month earlier it absolutely would've featured on my GOTY list, instead it's set a very, very high bar for 2023 right at the start of the year. I can't even begin to tell you how much more I enjoyed this than Bayonetta 3, and I'm just as surprised as anyone to find myself saying that.

Comment

Gotten up to beating korsica, like the character, don't like the voice, no idea why got in someone that can't do a Scottish accent (didn't it even need one?), it's so bad it takes me out of the game sometimes... anyway i did put the difficulty down to easy due to being rubbish at the mini-game parry's when they got up to 5 to 6 notes, needed the window for hitting it increasing and the punishment on HP lowered, also really don't like Elite Beat Agent like mini-games, the sodding icons are on every corner of the screen.. i only have 2 eyes. Only problem is, it's made the combat alittle to easy, still enjoying it, the combat is fun, the characters are great and i'm invested in Chai's adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
        Gotten up to beating korsica, like the character, don't like the voice, no idea why got in someone that can't do a Scottish accent (didn't it even need one?), it's so bad it takes me out of the game sometimes... anyway i did put the difficulty down to easy due to being rubbish at the mini-game parry's when they got up to 5 to 6 notes, needed the window for hitting it increasing and the punishment on HP lowered, also really don't like Elite Beat Agent like mini-games, the sodding icons are on every corner of the screen.. i only have 2 eyes. Only problem is, it's made the combat alittle to easy, still enjoying it, the combat is fun, the characters are great and i'm invested in Chai's adventure.
        I think the parry bit can bug out, i flew through the parry boss the time i played and he got stuck in a loop where it wouldn't die no matter how many times i did the parry finisher so had to reload it, I got loads of parry achievements done though , on dying and going back in to him it wouldn't accept my timing at all like the timing was off when i knew it wasn't, there is an option in the menu that lets you adjust the timing and even this didn't work, i just had to track and field the b button to get it too cheese it self through this bit i should of reset the game completely really but didn't realise it can bug out at this part. Ive since done a hard reset of the game and its fine now.

Comment

Working...
        X