SBK 22 (PC/PS/Xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBK 22 (PC/PS/Xbox)

Oh Milestone. They task me. They task me, and I will have them.

Milestone has had the license for MotoGP for many years (and someone desperately needs to take the license from them). They have the license for MX games (they're not quite so bad), they do the Ride series (which are worse than MotoGP) and now it seems they have the Superbike license too.

Will no one rid me of this turbulent game developer?

I don't think anyone at Milestone has ever ridden a motorcycle. Certainly not a superbike, and certainly not on a track. I reviewed the first MotoGP game on the original Xbox for this very site - it was excellent. They had the braking system bang on, the bikes handled reasonably authentically, and it was fun (it was not developed by Milestone).

SBK 22 is none of these things - and what's with the faces of the riders and behind-the-scenes staff? They look like they've been punched in the face by Tyson Fury. Several times. The bikes don't brake properly, they don't turn-in properly, and they don't go around the corners at what is even a reasonable speed, let alone high speed. And no, it's not user error. Trying to play this with a pad is next to impossible, it's just so poorly tuned that trying to get any kind of consistency (which is what you need in racing games), is essentially impossible. Also, it does not take 8 seconds to come to a stop from 100 mph on a competition world superbike. My superbike will do it in 4 or 5 and that's not even race tuned. I can only think they looked at the stopping distances listed on the highway code website and went with that.

There is no one playing this online, it's essentially a reskin of MotoGP (the bikes of which have different characteristics again and are poorly represented in Milestone's game anyway).

It's bad bad bad, and you should not buy it. In fact, you should just stop buying Milestone's games full stop. And so should I.

Last edited by MartyG; 11-05-2023, 17:50.
Working...
X