No announcement yet.

just how rife is DS Piracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this has been covered already but can anyone tell me how to spot a fake DC game by just looking at the cart? Are there any definitive features like the Nintendo logo inside the cart slot only found on real GBA carts?

My mother has just recieved a prof layton cart from ebay, cart and manual only. The manual is a very obvious fake but the cart looks very much like a genuine genuine one.

Thank you.

Comment

usually on pirates nintendo will be misspelt i.e. ninfondo, ninfendo etc i once got a mr driller ace on gba and it was nintenko ??

other than that if the sticker is misalinged, its got different art on it to the region you bought i.e. us pic on the supposed uk game etc etc

easiest way post a pic someone on here will know for sure

Comment

Just compare very closely to a real cart - real carts are always well molded, and identical.

Any sloppyness, especially with the embossed logo, would imply it is a fake.

The label would also normally be printed on poorer quality paper and scanned from an original, which you can see by more evident blurring on the part number along the bottom and the nintendo ds logo, and more obvious/unusual shade/colour dithering.

Pirate carts are also more likely to be based on US versions of a game, which you can check by the age rating.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
          I guess she is. Only one I got though.
          lol I thought she was a he, too. Gamers, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
            I don't know if this has been covered already but can anyone tell me how to spot a fake DC game by just looking at the cart? Are there any definitive features like the Nintendo logo inside the cart slot only found on real GBA carts?

My mother has just recieved a prof layton cart from ebay, cart and manual only. The manual is a very obvious fake but the cart looks very much like a genuine genuine one.

Thank you.
            If the manual's fake, the cartridge likely is too.

Scan it and show us? I love looking at crappy pirate copies, they're intriguing for some reason

Comment

Slightly relevant to the debate. Not sure what they are trying to achieve though.

Comment

Working...
              X