No announcement yet.

Survival of the Fittest - Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still have my launch model, but the optical drive makes a horrible rattling sound, so I run all the games off a hard drive with a soft mod.

Comment

US launch console for me. Admittedly it hasn't had a huge amount of play over that time but I played it a week or so ago and it still works as well as it ever did.

Comment

Still got my launch Wii. It is a bit noisy IMHO but is working fine. Hasn't seen that much use over the last few years though.

Comment

Still on my first Wii which I got when Mario Kart came out.

Comment

Launch UK machine still working though rarely used.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              I didn't know that S3M. I must admit I turned my Wii connect 24 off from the day I got it anyway. The amber light annoyed me.
              Yeah my brother found that out the hard way, the main reason for it is the fact that the internal fan doesn't activate in standby mode. That said you wouldn't expect the Wii to get that hot with just Wii Connect 24 on. Moral of this story keep Wii Connect 24 turned off at all times.

Comment

Had mine since launch and its been played practically every week i'd say. At the start i used to leave Wii Connect 24 on but quickly realised it did none of the promises and instead would just flash a bright blue in the middle of the night if only to wake me up. Did it ever get used for anything more than messages from Nintendo?

Got a lot of happy memories with my Wii, i even miss using the channels on it as whilst now they are a bore or pointless there is something nice about what Nintendo was trying to do but once again didn't put their full weight behind.

Comment

I've had 3 wii consoles. 1 had a dead drive, and another had a broken fan that made way too much noise.

Comment

Bought one around six months after launch which is still going fine although it's had minimal use.

John

Comment

Still got my 2006 launch model along with another 2.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        I've never had a Nintendo console break on me.
                        Same. Also, I've only ever experienced two or three software freezes over around 25 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X