No announcement yet.

Xbox Pins - Who uses them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it feasible to buy an older 360 with old dash, never connect it to the net and just play single player games on it? Or would I run into some problem with lack of patches etc?

Comment

Games also force upates too.

Seriously though, if it bothers you THAT much, just boot straight to disc.

Comment

I already do. But i greatly prefer the old dash for whenever I'm going to play any XBLA game or demo. Though using a console offline would prevent me from getting to play any of my XBLA games, so I'm guess it wouldn't help at all.

Comment

The new dashboard is horrific but I like pins because I don't have to go through the stupidly slow menu to play my regular stuff. I pull the ethernet cable when I want to boot faster. I'm suprised anyone would use wifi, it's useless for online play.

Comment

My favourite part is how when you go to install your game it asks if you want to add it to your pins...but because you cant play any game when the disk isnt in it would just be easier to 'play disk'...

Comment

Good that some people with huge game collections are finding these useful.

Reason I bumped is that I just looked at my ancient nokia 5800 and even that has a customisable main screen, with up to 4 "pins" of your choice. This tech should be standard by now.

Comment

I've adapted to the new dash pretty good now: Whenever I want to play a retail game, I boot it from the disc. Whenever I want to play some XBLA I just go for a walk instead.

Comment

Working...
                X