Anticipating: March and April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: March and April 2020

The end of the current financial year looms and with the advent of a new generation of console and PC GPU lying ahead of us we've recently seen publishers start to shift their release dates around so as to either spread out their current gen titles or to allow them to launch next-gen iterations alongside. That's led to the next two months thinning out a little.

What games do you plan on buying in March and April 2020?

Things are looking slimmer in terms of pickings with Switch also back to having little confirmed for it beyond these last titles here. We're very much in a bracing period so from the list above or for anything it's missing, what will you be buying?
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
    0%
    Langrisser I & II
    0%
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    0%
    My Hero: One's Justice 2
    0%
    Nioh 2
    0%
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    0%
    Doom 64
    0%
    Doom Eternal
    0%
    Bleeding Edge
    0%
    One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
    0%
    Persona 5: Royal
    0%
    Half-Life: Alyx
    0%
    Resident Evil 3 Remake
    0%
    Final Fantasy VII Remake: Part One
    0%
    Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
    0%
    Trials of Mana
    0%
    Predator: Hunting Grounds
    0%
    Gear Tactics
    0%
    Minecraft Dungeons
    0%
    Nothing
    0%

Some interesting stuff there, but need to crunch that backlog!

Comment

Onepiece & resi 3 remake for me. I'd say animal crossing too but i wanna see that before i decide.

Comment

Blimey two big name games in one poll for me. The first Ori is a cracker so a bit more of the same will do nicely. And DOOM Eternal looks great a real end of the generation special.

Comment

-edit-

Scratch that, I just can't get past how cheap Langrisser looks. I've seen mobile games that look better.

DOOM Eternal I still want, but there's no way my AMD 290 will run it at the settings and frame rate I want, so I'll hold off until I update it later this year.

I'll stick with making my way through the backlog.
          Last edited by Cepp; 05-02-2020, 19:23.

Comment

Some interesting stuff there, but need to crunch that backlog! And buy a few of them anyway

Comment

Doom Eternal and Resi R3make.

Although, the backlog is screaming somewhat. Especially with Yakuza Collection due next Tuesday that grows ever larger.

Comment

Lots of stuff I want: Doom, Nioh 2, Animal Crossing and Minecraft Dungeons....too much :/

I wonder how Doom will run on standard PS4, though? Mine's an old timer so I think the game may finally do it in...

Comment

I kind of want DOOM, but I'm going to wait for a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    Blimey two big name games in one poll for me. The first Ori is a cracker so a bit more of the same will do nicely. And DOOM Eternal looks great a real end of the generation special.
                    The level design and Art direction looks so utterly incredible on Doom Eternal, its hard to see how the team will be able to top it, for the next gen. Can't wait for that, Resident Evil 3 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps/Bleeding Edge on gamepass

Comment

Good job Valve is cashing in on those increased Index sales numbers, shows how ringfenced the audience is when a new Half-Life game gets just one vote.

Comment

Surely Valve are looking at porting Alyx to other VR systems? 4 and a bit million PSVR owners gives them a much larger audience.

Comment

I won't lie, I'm still kind of expecting them not to bother porting it. They're traditionally really disinterested in doing ports of their games and a bit like how Half-Life 2 was used to force Steam on users, Alyx seems driven from the desire to push Index. Like Orange Box, someone else might approach Valve to port it but given the limited audience for VR it seems unlikely to be someone Valve would want to entrust it to. That and PSVR isn't up to the job which would mean Valve waiting for PSVR2 which then means waiting to see what Sony deliver on that front and waiting to see if it can build a worthwhile audience by which time Alyx will be a pretty old game.

Comment

Working...
                          X