Anticipating: September 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: September 2023

The fall schedule begins its rollout, the competition heating up. Who will be the winners and the losers this year though?

Which games of September 2023 are you... Anticipating?
    Chants of Sennaar
    0%
    Rune Factory 3 Special
    0%
    Baldur's Gate 3 - PS5 Edition
    0%
    Starfield
    0%
    The Dragoness: Command of the Flame
    0%
    Rugby 24
    0%
    Toss!
    0%
    Fae Farm
    0%
    Huama: A Detective Noir Story
    0%
    Super Bomberman R 2
    0%
    Ad Infinitum
    0%
    The Crew: Motorfest
    0%
    Heavy Duty Challenge
    0%
    Baby Shark: Sing and Swim Party
    0%
    Baten Kaitos 1&2 HD Remaster
    0%
    Gloomhaven
    0%
    Lies of P
    0%
    Mortal Kombat 1
    0%
    Men of War 2
    0%
    Party Animals
    0%
    Witchfire
    0%
    Eternights
    0%
    Hellsweeper VR
    0%
    Payday 3
    0%
    Slaps and Beans 2
    0%
    Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
    0%
    Mineko's Night Market
    0%
    My Time at Sandrock
    0%
    Paleo Pines
    0%
    Truck Driver: The American Dream
    0%
    Firefighting Simulator: The Squad
    0%
    Gothic: Classic
    0%
    Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest - The Adventures of Dai
    0%
    Cocoon
    0%
    EA Sports FC24
    0%
    Asterix & Obelix: Heroes
    0%
    Inspector Gadget: Mad Time Party
    0%
    These Doomed Isles
    0%
    RoboCop: Rogue City
    0%

Cyberpunk and Starfield. Although I don’t plan on playing either until late 2024.

Comment

Starfield and yeah I have no spare time left after that... who am I kidding.

Comment

Cyberpunk - defo
        Baldur's - maybe

Comment

Its a pretty quiet month its like nobody wants to go up against Starfield as that's all people will be playing in September, that and Baby shark are the two big hitters this month it seems.

Comment

Hype for BG3 has broken down my CRPG resistance. Fully expecting that I'm going to bounce off it entirely, but at least want a basic knowledge of what it's about given how ubiquitous it is right now, so am planning to give this PS5 version a shot.

Comment

Apart from dragon quest there’s bigger all on that list I’m interested in not that it matters as I’m always catching up with what I have bought so it’s not like I’m desperate for something to play (yet)

Comment

Starfield, Lies of P and PayDay 3 are all green lights. Starfield is the front runner whilst the other two I'll likely only try short term because they're on Game Pass

I enjoyed what I played of The Crew: Motorfest and have an eye on RoboCop too but neither are Day 1 go out of my way games

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Hype for BG3 has broken down my CRPG resistance. Fully expecting that I'm going to bounce off it entirely, but at least want a basic knowledge of what it's about given how ubiquitous it is right now, so am planning to give this PS5 version a shot.
                  This is the problem with hype.

The game is NOT a casual game - without really knowing about D&D5 and how everything hangs together it's a real slog. I'll bet there are plenty of people who've bought this game off the hype and have dropped it in the first hour.

The controller UI has been put together well, but it's a series of radial menus that after three minutes on SteamDeck, I'd seen enough to know I'd never ever want to use it. It will make things way more of a chore to play IMO.

BG3 is a pretty hardcore CRPG that does no hand-holding at all and you need to min-max everything to make progress. What it does do well is storytelling and characterisation, but if you're not prepared to put the work into min-maxing character builds, the combat will definitely quickly dampen enthusiasm for the game.

I would not buy this title based on hype - make sure you know what you're getting into first.

I suspect Starfield will be the polar opposite of this in many different regards.

Comment

Nothing at all

Comment

Nowt for me

Comment

Cyberpunk and Robocop for me.
                        I would also add Inspector Gadget to that list but even though I know nothing about the game, it's safe to say it will be sovelware crap.

Comment

I agree Marty, the trophy stats for BG3 on PS5 will be extremely revealing.

For me Sep is Starfield.....will likely keep me off the ps5 for a while I may even hook up my laptop to the telly but it may not be stronk enough to drive a nice 4k 60 experience

Comment

Just Cyberpunk expansion for me, Starfield can sit on the store shelf until it gets its act together and sorts 60fps out, or i upgrade my graphics card.

Comment

Working...
                            X