Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC N64 RGB Mod - Serial Help!!!!

Hi,

I have been scanning the internet for many weeks for imformation about getting an NTSC N64 modded for rgb. After seeing gamesx's rgb I was spurred on. And later on, some nice chap called Saurian posted a better way of modding the N64 in these very forums.

Anyway, cut to the chase. I ended up accidentally buying one of the later model NTSC N64's, one of the ones without the V4 video chip and without the nice R8 R9 and R10 points on the motherboard. The Serial number of this N64 is NS275735003. ( After further reading I found out that the number NUS-001 has nothing to do with the revision of the N64, instead it's Nintendo's serial for the unit itself, NUS-002 being something like a N64 controller pad or something ).

After doing some searching in these forums I found that someone successfully modded an N64 with the serial NS127959472 , and another guy with the same problem as me had his N64 with the serial NS231845852.

Does anyone know if the NS1******** serials all work for this mod and NS2******** all don't? I'm guessing here, but i've emailed a couple of places that do this type of modification for you, and they arn't too keen on letting me know which batch of serial number N64's can be modded.

If no-one knows the answer to this thats okay, but i'd appreciate if anyone could shout out their serial numbers of N64's that have the modifiable motherboard, and even ones that don't, so I can make a list. And than I can ask before I buy another NTSC N64 on ebay!!!!!

Thanks for your time.
Working...
X