Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSP + iPod Camera Connector + iPod = mass storage loveliness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP + iPod Camera Connector + iPod = mass storage loveliness?

Hot on the heels of my first cockamoo plans (the xbox magicbox voice-enabler and ipod diy usb+fw cable) comes my latest and greatest, but hear me out :

Assuming some clever geezer (or Sony themselves, with a new fw update) allowed the PSP to access files over USB, or someone made a memory stick-usb converter, I've been thinking.

There's this iPod camera connector for the newer iPods (i've got a 30gb video) that lets you copy your images from your camera to the iPod (and also delete them from your camera probably), which would imply to me that the connector has a USB controller inside (iPod is a standard USB client-style device I'd guess, just like usb mp3 players, the PSP itself, etc - you can't get two clients chatting to each other without a controller).

If that's the case, then i'm wondering if it would be possible to have the PSP and iPod chatting via this camera connector, so that I could, say, store a bunch of videos on the iPod and not have to invest in a 2gb memory stick duo just to last me a trip to Wales in the car.

These PSP loaders already offer the ability to turn on the PSP's USB mode while playing a game, say, and have full access to the memory stick from your PC to copy stuff while still playing your game, so I can imagine any media players made for it would at least allow this functionality also. This way, I could start watching episode 1 of a program, and then copy over episode 2 while it's playing. Then, while episode 2 is playing, I could delete episode 1 and copy episode 3, if this makes any sense.

Having said this, with Apple being Apple, I can imagine the camera connector would have nothing to do with the PSP, but if someone did an iPod linux for the new iPods, then that could support this, couldn't it? Just like the old iPod linux allows recording at higher rates than the regular iPod software allows, using the same microphone...

What do you lot think?
Working...
X