Panasonic TH-37PW7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-37PW7

I just got one of these panels in search of that elusive picture that I'll be happy with. I think I spend more time messing around with cables and monitors than actually playing games these days.

I intend to hook a lot of different consoles up to it if all goes well, from the NES to xbox360. I'm wondering if anyone can weigh in with some suggestions to get the best picture possible with different consoles. It has a vga input as standard.The panel also came with a TY-42TM6Y. This has BNC connectors for composite and component input as well as an s-video input.

Here's my confirmed connections so far:
    VGA: xbox360, dreamcast
    BNC to component RCA: ps3, ps2, xbox, wii(which i'd use for GC games too)

I had hoped that I could use a BNC to RGB scart connector for the 32/16-bit consoles but the panel only accepts RGBH/V signals which are different I think. I tested this method with a few different consoles with no success. So my options for retro are either get a scart input board and keep it simple but I've read that the image can be a bit soft. Or use a scart to vga adapter which may produce better results.

Does anyone know any good devices that would do the trick for that. I've read over on avforums that a JS tech converter does a good job but I fear lag may be an issue there. I was thinking an older XRGB might do the trick as I believe they output VGA at 640x480. Does anybody know much about any of these?

I'll use this thread to update my findings and I'll post some pics. Hopefully it might be of interest to some of you. Cheers!
Working...
X