Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acquired a..... (pic heavy)

Commodore 64 set from 1986!

I've posted in the big thread (Post anytime you get something retro), but thought i'd stick a few pics up here.

My mother-in-law works in a charity shop, and they aren't allowed to sell electrical's of any type. So when she told me she had a C64, boxed, rather than bin it, I thought i'd bring it home.

I like to dis-assemble consoles and pads etc to clean them up: I've sold a few on, ket a few etc, but this one looks like it's too far gone to be honest. I've never had a C64, never played one, and as ungrateful as it sounds, not really fussed about keeping it. It only cost me ?1, so not too much at stake! I'll let the pics do the talking...

It's pretty dirty, and I didn't think about taking it apart as it does power up, but the original seal is still on so a bit reluctant to. Alot of the dirt will come off as just a quick baby wipe has removed some, so Isopropyl for the rest should do the trick.

It's obviously been loved at some point, all the poly inserts, but no cables other than the power, and no games etc.

Not sure whether to bin it or clean it up and sell it.... It's alot of effort for what would probably be peanuts! (i'm trying to save for an A1200 with Compact Flash HD you see )

What do you think?
    Dan
Working...
X