Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samanosuke
    replied
    I’m looking at replacing my Trinitron with one of those space-saving B&Os. Any particular ones to look out for? Looking for ~25” size 4:3.

Leave a comment:

• 2Player
    replied
    Hi,everyboy ,iam new here,but not new in the Game
    I love the PDP V-402 Pioneer.Last week i bought ca 30 ones of it and the condition is amazing.All with stand and remote.
    Do you know this video with the black filter mask on the tube of the pdp?
    I think it looks amazing.Anybody here who dit this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BuCUl6FuY

Leave a comment:

• acidbearboy
    replied
    Ah, so no scart connections then. I'm trying to find out which cables I need to hook up my consoles that aren't VGA:

Saturn JP Scart
    Snes US Scart
    Neo Geo CD JP S-Video
    PS1 PAL Scart
    PS2 PAL Scart/Component
    Xbox PAL Scart (might have a VGA cable for this, can't remember)
    Gamecube PAL Scart
    Wii PAL Component

I saw the retrogaming cables site selling cables for the Sony BVM/PVM sets (here) and also some homemade stuff on shmups.com, such as this and this, but all sellers warn that they're wired Euro Scart NOT Japanese 21 pin RGB. I'm also wondering if Component cables can be plugged straight into the monitor using BNC>RCA adapters.
    Last edited by acidbearboy; 09-10-2013, 21:08.

Leave a comment:

• Decider-VT
    replied
    Ah, so it's a cantilever stand? (Thanks for posting the pictures!)

Mine don't have those extra bits of metal framework, so I'm assuming that they're part of your stand.

I've just been swapping VGA cables from PC>360 and back again with mine, until I get my VGA switches unpacked and properly set up. Once I've done this I'll be running my XRGB3 units into it via VGA as well.
    Last edited by Decider-VT; 09-10-2013, 17:54.

Leave a comment:

• acidbearboy
    replied
    Here you go Decider-VT, though you'll have to piece it together in your mind! It's made by Unicol, Oxford.

Floor Stand

Bars

Bracket for Bars (side)

Bracket for Bars (front)

Hinges for TV

Back of TV (from above)
    Last edited by acidbearboy; 09-10-2013, 15:20.

Leave a comment:

• acidbearboy
    replied
    It's in bits in the garage, but I'll try and take some photos for you. There is basically a big metal floor piece, inside which two large metal cylinders (maybe 5' tall) stand. A bracket slides up and down these tubes, fixed at the desired height with alan key nuts. The frontside of the bracket had some bits of wood attached for extra support - the viewing angle could be tilted forward or back. There is some pretty heavy duty metal framework on the back of the tv set itself - does yours have this?

Also, what sort of cabling are you using with yours - and with what console inputs - JP or Euro Scarts if you use them? Cheers
    Last edited by acidbearboy; 09-10-2013, 15:19.

Leave a comment:

• Decider-VT
    replied
    What sort of stand did you get with yours? Can you post pictures?

I've spent hours searching for one for mine but I'm not 100% sure of what would fit the mounting holes properly. Pioneer couldn't tell me either!

Leave a comment:

• acidbearboy
    replied
    I got a Pioneer PDP-402 this weekend, only managed to run neo geo cd through it via composite so far but it seems like a nice set. The stand that came with it is some serious heavyweight ****! Got speakers too, but also not tested them as they need an amp (we just ran audio through a hi-fi).

Leave a comment:

• Decider-VT
    replied
    Haha, I wonder how many eBay alerts have been set for those now?

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    I've never seen another one for sale since. Phenomenal timing.

Leave a comment:

• speedlolita
    replied
    VGA and RGBHV.

Leave a comment:

• Decider-VT
    replied
    Haha, if Ikobo hadn't jumped in it would've been me selling one to him. Those screens were as good as gone as soon as Fudoh made that post.

Inputs are RGB via BNC and VGA.

Leave a comment:

• acidbearboy
    replied
    Wish I had seen some pictures of that Panasonic flat screen in action before Ikobo offered up his spare. Looks lush. What are the input options on the back?

Leave a comment:

• speedlolita
    replied
    No VGA huh, bummer.

Leave a comment:

• Yakumo
    replied
    Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Why not just get a cheapy XRGB2?
    I have an xrgb3 but the image quality out of that is no better than maicomsofts cheaper box. The only thing the xrgb3 has over it are the custom settings and scan lines but they only work over VGA not HDMI and my TV has no VGA. Pretty crazy when Toshiba stuck 4 HDMI ports, 3 D–sub ports (component) 3s–videos ports, 4 composite ports, 3 LAN ports, 2 USB ports and a SD card port on it. I mean, why not add a VGA as well? Odd choice indeed.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 16-11-2012, 22:00.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X