X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    Yeah the mechs are a ballache, am I right in thinking the 81PS only take yen? How hard is it to swap over?
    Just pop the old one out and the new one in.

Various tolerances can be adjusted to take a range of coins. There are a couple of threads on Arcade Otaku on adjusting them.

Looking brilliant by the way!

Leave a comment:

• Escape-To-88
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Oh it's long gone now sadly.

Vinyl dye is basically a spray paint that actually penetrates the plastic. If you take your time and do it right the results are absolutely excellent.
    Boo

Interesting, not heard of it before, will check it out. Cheers bud.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    Oh it's long gone now sadly.

Vinyl dye is basically a spray paint that actually penetrates the plastic. If you take your time and do it right the results are absolutely excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Escape-To-88
    replied
    I did vinyl dye on my Neo 29 and it came out lovely.

Love the 29s, great buy that mate. Vinyl dye you say? Tell me more...

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    I did vinyl dye on my Neo 29 and it came out lovely.

Leave a comment:

• Escape-To-88
    replied
    Superb mate, just superb. (My OCD would require whitening that bezel surround though!)
    Cheers
    Yeah it still isn't finished mate. I haven't touched that I was considering getting it moulded and a bunch made up. Alternatively I was considering respraying rather than Retrobrite it, as RB can leave a swirly effect. Also that bezel is still a £7 job from Kall Kiwik. Got to send the perspex off for printing this week.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    Superb mate, just superb. (My OCD would require whitening that bezel surround though!)

Leave a comment:

• Escape-To-88
    replied
    To recap I redrew all of the Neo Candy artwork to fit in with my design and robbed the bits I liked best off of a range of MVS cabinets, so this is a mashup of my Neo fave designs.

Nearly there:

Last edited by Escape-To-88; 09-06-2018, 19:17.

Leave a comment:

• Escape-To-88
    replied
    Originally posted by zipper View Post
    That's a lot of work getting everything hooked up through JST connectors. Great now you have it in place though. Nice one! I took the easy way out and just wired the single panel straight up
    I can't stand electronic mechs - i've never had one that didn't stop working properly (must be me). First thing I did was swap out the one in the Dino King for a mechanical one - an AD81P.
    Yeah the mechs are a ballache, am I right in thinking the 81PS only take yen? How hard is it to swap over?

Leave a comment:

• zipper
    replied
    That's a lot of work getting everything hooked up through JST connectors. Great now you have it in place though. Nice one! I took the easy way out and just wired the single panel straight up
    I can't stand electronic mechs - i've never had one that didn't stop working properly (must be me). First thing I did was swap out the one in the Dino King for a mechanical one - an AD81P.

Leave a comment:

• Escape-To-88
    replied
    Originally posted by zipper View Post
    That's taking shape very nicely! Are you going to put a light behind the marquees? I don't think it particularly needs it to be honest. Are you going to go for any side art?

I really recommend popping a USB slot on the back and using a Neo Geo X controller for player 2... Like this: .

The USB mounts are cheap, and there's an unused lock slot on the back of the Dino King that fits perfectly. I think this is the mount I used: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Dash-...item23999b9be0
    I still love your machine!

I had planned to try EL panels as I can cut them to size but I'm not sure if I will yet. I'm sending my marquee to get printed by Olly next week too so the above will look crisper and not just be printed on paper from Kall Kwik

I've got a range of panels I'm planning to use! Well at least two, as I've made them hot-swappable using Flinnsters JST pinout So have the 6 button and a 2-player 4 button one thus far. And got the first of my CPO art from Olly today. I'm currently arsing around with CAD and Photoshop, and have got nowhere! As I'm trying to create accurate templates as a chap can cut me some steel control panels. So if anyone's any good at using CAD/transferring outlines accurately from CAD to Photoshop please let me know

The coin mech has started to be picky too, so may replace it with a Comestro or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Pavey
    replied
    Ha ha, true.

It's got as far as getting the tree in the way out, so far. One step at a time!

Leave a comment:

• wakka
    replied
    Says the man building a cinema in his back garden

Leave a comment:

• Pavey
    replied
    Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    How much you got?
    Could be a nice line of work there Paul. I'd prefer to buy one than do it myself as no spare time.

Leave a comment:

• Pavey
    replied
    [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]

I asked first!

Didn't really but would love one too. I'm sure the wife would love it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X