Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club V: The Best Looking Console Ever Face Off - Round 03

More! More! More!

More console pr0n to make your eyeballs sweat in their sockets as we take the next batch of most popular super models and parade them for your deliberation.

The next line up is:

01 - Xbox 360 Halo Reach

02 - PlayStation 3 Original

03 - Nintendo Wii Original

04 - Xbox 360 Tron

05 - Xbox 360 Taco Bell

06 - Xbox 360 Lococycle

07 - PlayStation 3 Slim Original

08 - PlayStation 3 Super Slim

09 - Sony PSX

10 - Nintendo Virtual Boy

There Can Be Only One!
    Xbox 360 Halo Reach
    0%
    PlayStation 3 Original
    0%
    Nintendo Wii Original
    0%
    Xbox 360 Tron
    0%
    Xbox 360 Taco Bell
    0%
    Xbox 360 Lococyle
    0%
    PlayStation 3 Slim Original
    0%
    PlayStation 3 Super Slm Original
    0%
    Sony PSX
    0%
    Nintendo Virtual Boy
    0%

Going to switch my allegiance to Microsoft for this round. The slim 360 is a great looking machine and the Reach model is my fave (still have mine).

Comment

Of these, man, the Wii all the way. I really like how it's designed to be friendly to parents who don't game. That machine was designed to slot right next to or below the family TV, barely take up any room, and not mess up Mum/Dad's lounge decor. And the controller? Fits right alongside the remotes for the TV and the DVD player (it was the 2000s, after all), and looks just as easy - probably easier, in fact - to use.

I think the design contributes meaningfully to the objective of creating a console that's equally accessible to gamers and non-gamers, and aligns closely with the family-oriented marketing (the Redknapp family having an enthusiastic game of Wii Bowling, for example).

Plus, it just looks nice. Nearly two decades on it seems far less dated than the 360 Slim's unfortunate go-faster stripes or the shiny bloat of the OG PS3.

Comment

The PSX, absolutely love it! Just a massive slab of awesomeness after those stickers are all removed from it. Remember selling mine to [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] and getting a puncture outside his flat when I dropped it off resulting in having to buy a £300 tyre.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          The PSX, absolutely love it! Just a massive slab of awesomeness after those stickers are all removed from it. Remember selling mine to @fuse and getting a puncture outside his flat when I dropped it off resulting in having to buy a £300 tyre.
          I don't think I ever knew that last part of the story! That bloody flat / road...

I do like the PSX - think it has to be my pick from this bunch too, but will also admit to being quite partial to the PS3 Slim. I can't stand the original PS3 (too shiny, horrible lettering) and for a console with so many moving parts, the tactile elements of the super slim are very disappointing.

Comment

I didn't think it was worth mentioning in your forum feedback. "Lovely bloke to deal with, but I think he slashed my rear drivers side tyre".

Comment

The Spider-Man lettering on the PS3 was an abomination. There's no other word for it. And after the beautiful PS2/PSP logo typography, too...sigh.

The PSX is really cool, I agree with you guys. It's got this oddball, premium only-in-Japan vibe that is just cool as hell.

Comment

I think here it's the Wii. It's a very plain system but I like that the stand took that into account to introduce some style to its standing position and I always adored and miss the blue light up disc drive

Comment

None of these appeal to me as much as the consoles from the other rounds. I guess I'd go for the PSX although it never looks as good in real life. Actually I'll go for the Wii as at least wouldn't kill a small child if it fell of the shelf.

Comment

I'll for the PSX on the basis that it looks like a nice bit of 2000s-era audio equipment but not a lot else.

Comment

Anyone voting for the super slim ps3 gets permabanned btw. PSX with Wii a close second for me.

Comment

Voted for the slim PS3 but would have voted for the 'vanilla' S revision of the Xbox 360 in matte black.

Comment

Wii. At the time it looked lovely and felt great to handle. And even today it hasn't aged like most consoles do. It's arguably the best looking consoles ever.

Comment

I can live with this result compared to the terrible outcome of the second round

Comment

Working...
                            X