28 Years Later, 28 Decades Later & 28 Millennia Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 Years Later, 28 Decades Later & 28 Millennia Later

The next film in the franchise is moving forward with rights being put for sale next week. Danny Boyle will return to direct 28 Years Later with Alex Garland returning to pen the script.

Should the film prove a hit the plan is to make two more as yet untitled sequels to the new film as well which Garland will also write.

Nia DaCosta To Direct "28 Years Later 2" - Dark Horizons
    The director of The Marvels is said to be being lined up to direct the second entry of the new trilogy.

Comment

I never saw Marvels but I thought she did a good job with Candyman and horror could her thing.

Comment

Taylor-Johnson, Fiennes Join "28 Years Later" - Dark Horizons
        Both stars are on board in addition to Jodie Comer

Comment

Wow, this could be great.

I'll be honest, I think this would work better with unknowns, though.
          In the first film, it was my first experience with Cillian Murphy and the cast are largely unknowns, only Brendan Gleeson and Christopher Eccleston were familiar faces.
          In the sequel, it was Begbie Vs. The Evil Dead.

Actually, I'd watch Begbie Vs. Evil Dead.
          Glassing and swearing at zombies rage-infected people with one hand, rolling a tab a baccy with the other.

Anyway, yeah, less of these beautiful people and more unknows please, Mr. Boyle.

EDIT: Just spotted this on Wikipedia:
          "On the DVD commentary, Boyle explains that with the aim of preserving the suspension of disbelief, relatively unknown actors were cast in the film. Cillian Murphy had starred primarily in small independent films, while Naomie Harris had acted on British television as a child, and Megan Burns had only one previous film credit. However, Christopher Eccleston and Brendan Gleeson were well-known character actors."
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 25-04-2024, 10:46.

Comment

Working...
          X