The B Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The B Team

Not some sort of naff spoof, whereas in the last thread we looked at people who had a real drive to make them a star in Hollywood only to see that fall away, here we're looking instead at those actors who are persistent workers in non-leading roles.

There are a whole host of actors who have had long careers in television and film, appearing in long lists of projects playing supporting or background roles and never being in a lead role capacity in a manner that see's them pushed as a leading reason to watch the film.

So, we're not just looking for names of actors who you have seen in a large number of films...
    We also want to know who potentially is the most prolific actor to have ever acted in a B List capacity career?

This one came to mind because I saw another listing for good old Colm Meaney. He's 70 now and has had a very long career and continues to work regularly to this day. A sample of the films and series he's been in includes:

- Die Hard 2: Die Harder
    - Dick Tracey
    - The Commitments
    - Under Seige
    - The Last of the Mohicans
    - Far and Away
    - Con Air
    - Star Trek: The Next Generation
    - Layer Cake
    - Law Abiding Citizen
    - Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
    - Z-Cars
    - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    - Gangs of London

I might have come up with the King of this...

Very commonly not the central lead but absolutely legendary in supporting or bit role even if the production itself was terrible...

Tim Curry

Comment

Hmmmmmm. This is a very personal thread, IMHO.

Almost a •fetish•.

My fave fetish involves my big balls resting upon a bed of flaky, breadlike uncertainty.

Comment

I'll take those big balls.... umm.... and raise you an Alan Dale!

Comment

Working...
        X