No announcement yet.

Celebrating Sly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the Rocky's I'd go with IV. So many awesome moments in that film; my favourite being when he's skipping rope to Hearts on Fire!

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
    Cliffhanger is also definitely up there.
    Agree about Cliffhanger. Really enjoyable watch - one of Sly's best. Always end up watching the entire thing whenever it's on.

Nice to see Tango and Cash getting some praise too - I always wonder when I'm watching it if that prisoners chin is actually real.

Comment

Cliffhanger is also brilliant because of the bad guys, arseholes each and every one of them!

Comment

Totally agree. The main baddie (the one from Third Rock from the Sun - John Lithgow) finds out Walker is still alive and says something like: 'Walker, you resiliant bastard, you're alive!'

Edit:

Quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106582/quotes

Really is a quotable goldmine.

Qualen:" I must say, you're a real piece of work..."

Gabe Walker: " I must say, you're a real piece of ****."

Comment

As a kid I was more of an Arnie fan, but at this age I like that Sly's films have his character present a more vulnerable side for a few minutes, before he goes on a violent, murderous rampage. I like Rocky 3 because of the Survivor song and the ending, with Apollo and Rocky in the last frame which turns into the painting.

Comment

Stallone is also a much better actor than Arnie, as well as being an accomplished writer and director (he wrote half the films on this list for example). He's also a real student of film and knows a lot about the art form, he's really interesting to listen too when he talks about his films.

There's not really any question who's the more talented of the two.
            Last edited by rmoxon; 12-08-2012, 07:25.

Comment

I get the impression that Arnie was more power and status hungry in his career, while Stallone seems to like art and other pursuits. That's based on interviews and docus.

Comment

Yeah Arnie was all about star power and how much of a box office draw he was.

Stallone is incredibly passionate about film. He wrote Rocky and then fought to get it made, he fought to star in it becuase he had wrote the part for himself, he would t let them make it if he couldnt play Rocky. He's someone who really believes in what he puts on film, if you haven't heard it I would recommend the commentary track on the last Rambo movie, he's really passionate about the on going atrocities in Burma. He's also a really smart film maker anyone who likes film should listen to what he has to say about his work.

Comment

Working...
                X