Critics Club 03: Abrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club 03: Abrams

That's right, after the last two it might come from the left field however this guy has not only built a major television lineage but has also worked his way into overseeing some of cinema's biggest and long standing franchises.

If you love lens flare he's your man, JJ Abrams.

Which for you is the best film directed by JJ Abrams and why?
    Mission Impossible 3
    0%
    Star Trek
    0%
    Super 8
    0%
    Star Trek: Into Darkness
    0%

Is it April Fool's already?

Comment

erm...star trek?

Comment

It's a small list when it comes to film but gotta include the new ones with the old ones for fairness sake and in new terms, despite his short resume, few can touch the influence he's garnered

Comment

I actually find lens flare an interesting modern trope.

Naturally, lens flare has always been avoided where possible in the past as it shows the shot has been composed incorrectly and reminds the viewer that they are watching a film recorded on a camera, breaking the suspension of reality.

In games and CGI intensive movies, it's seen as desirable because it makes the viewer think they are watching something filmed by a camera.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 29-03-2014, 09:50.

Comment

I think Into Darkness was a train wreck and has me hugely questioning his credibility but that's mostly about the screenwriters he chooses to work with. It's like he has to move at lightning speed for fear that anyone will have time to notice the multitude of gaping plot holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I think Into Darkness was a train wreck and has me hugely questioning his credibility but that's mostly about the screenwriters he chooses to work with. It's like he has to move at lightning speed for fear that anyone will have time to notice the multitude of gaping plot holes.
              I liked Star Trek into Darkness mainly because of how good the actor that played Kahn (unsure of spelling) was.

In the old films I remember him looking an absolute state. At least this time round you actually got the feeling that this guy was genuinely superior to his counterparts.

Edit:

Oh, and Super 8 was way more boring than it should of been.

The alien in this looked a state too.

Comment

Star Trek edges Into Darkness for me simply because it has a better story but they both bloody good.

Comment

Working...
                X