Critics Club 13: T.Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club 13: T.Scott

New poll goes up, this time for Ridley's brother, Tony Scott.

Like the other Scott, Tony directed numerous popular movies over many years and continued to actively develop projects up until his death. From his catalogue though, which is his best work?
    Loving Memory
    0%
    The Hunger
    0%
    Top Gun
    0%
    Beverley Hills Cop 2
    0%
    Revenge
    0%
    Days of Thunder
    0%
    The Last Boy Scout
    0%
    True Romance
    0%
    Crimson Tide
    0%
    The Fan
    0%
    Enemy of the State
    0%
    Spy Game
    0%
    Man on Fire
    0%
    Domino
    0%
    Deja Vu
    0%
    The Taking of Penham 123
    0%
    Unstoppable
    0%

Has to be True Romance.

Comment

True romance for me, but man on fire is also excellent.

Comment

To be fair I havent seen most of his films as from what I can tell he's clearly a style of substance dude like his brother. I did like Man on Fire a lot when I first watched it at the cinema but I dont think it benefits from repeated viewings. True Romance is only good because of Tarantinos screenplay and its mostly all star cast. He should have made more films like that instead of bumming Denzel constantly.

Comment

No idea which one to go for here. Seen loads on the list and can remember very little about any of them, which probably isn't a great sign. Was The Hunger the one with Bowie? That was bananas if I remember correctly but I enjoyed it. True Romance is great but is loaded with Tarantino. Some real classics there like Top Gun and Crimson Tide. No idea what to go for. Good films but nothing I actually love.

He was attached to a new version of The Warriors. Would probably have been a fairly standard remake and never the sequel I would have wanted but I'd still have been curious to see what would come of it. I have this fantasy Warriors sequel in my head. It's set now (so 2014AD) but it's the future we would have imagined if a sequel had been made sometime around 1985. So dingy cyberpunk New York, 80s soundtrack, no mobile phones or Internet but instead video call booths and stuff like that. Some day perhaps...

Comment

You need to pitch/kickstart that idea Dogg Thang. Could be amazing!

Comment

Hmm .. A good set of films there , it would be easy to say True Romance, but I love a good sub film, so Crimson Tide for me.

Spy Game is also excellent as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                You need to pitch/kickstart that idea Dogg Thang. Could be amazing!
                Heh, yeah, it could be a neat little niche movie. Not sure if it would be big studio mainstream though!

Comment

I chose Crimson Tide, do enjoy that one but yup, several were too much style over substance. Top Gun is chick flick, Man on Fire left me cold too.

Comment

Working...
                  X