Critics Club 19: Petersen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club 19: Petersen

Now for Wolfgang Petersen, another director with a surprisingly short list of films for the years in the business.

As usual, which is the best of his films and why?
    I Will Kill You, Wolf
    0%
    One or the Other
    0%
    For Your Love Only
    0%
    Die Konsequenz
    0%
    Das Boot
    0%
    The Neverending Story
    0%
    Enemy Mine
    0%
    Shattered
    0%
    In the Line of Fire
    0%
    Outbreak
    0%
    Air Force One
    0%
    The Perfect Storm
    0%
    Troy
    0%
    Poseidon
    0%

Das Boot ..Sucker for a sub story ..

In the Line of Fire and Outbreak are competent enough as well .. The rest are pretty meh ...

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
      Das Boot ..Sucker for a sub story ..
      Ha ha ha! I see what you did there,

Interestingly, it was Clint who chose Peterson to direct In The Line of Fire, not the director that did the hiring and firing. I wonder who chose John Malkovich, because I think that film would be a lot effective without him.

I remember going to see Troy at the cinema and I joked all week that I was seeing Tron.
      When the film actually started, I was gutted it was a historical movie because I was ready to see Tron!
      I can't blame the director for that though!

There's a nice bunch of films there and I think the shots in Das Boot help give the claustrophobic feel being on a submarine would have, but for me, I have to choose Neverending Story for being so memorable.

I mean, I've not seen it for years and so much of it is burned into my memory. Even though it's a kids film, there's some really harsh stuff in there and stark imagery. Classic.

Comment

"Get off my plane!"

Has to be AFO.

Comment

Well, irrespective of what you might think of individual films, the guy's had an extremely varied career.

Comment

Working...
          X