PTE84: Movies of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTE84: Movies of 2015

For me personally, I haven't been feeling 2014 for films. It's been one of those lull years where I enjoyed a couple of the big films that hit but the wind was out the sales by the second half of the year. Next year begins in much a similar manner but begins to build up steam after Easter and then keeps belting them out year after year by the looks as major franchises return and these 'universe' series build up enough momentum so barely a month goes by without an entry.

From 2015/16 onwards we will begin to enter a phase where a year doesn't go by without at least a DC universe film, multiple Marvel entries and a Star Wars film. It's a boggling thought. That's without considering the slew of independent films that are released and smaller budgeted affairs that creep up closer to the time of release and go on to do well for themselves.

With such a forward looking gaze though, this poll focuses on the bigger named projects that have either been circling the Net-News arena for a while or are expected to be massive in the coming year. If you are aware of any movies being released that aren't on the list and deserve a shout, give them one. I'm looking forward to restarting my regular trips to the cinema.

However, out of the current list of bigger named 2015 releases scheduled at the moment, which ones are you planning to see?
    The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
    0%
    Jurassic World
    0%
    Terminator: Genysis
    0%
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    0%
    Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
    0%
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
    0%
    Kingsman: The Secret Service
    0%
    Fast and Furious 7
    0%
    Chappie
    0%
    Inside Out
    0%
    Mission Impossible 5
    0%
    Cinderella
    0%
    The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
    0%
    Pan
    0%
    Insurgent
    0%
    Pitch Perfect 2
    0%
    Fifty Shades of Grey
    0%
    Taken 3
    0%
    Jupiter Ascending
    0%
    In the Heart of Sea
    0%
    Ant-Man
    0%
    The Fantastic Four
    0%
    Minions
    0%
    Tomorrowland
    0%
    Crimson Peak
    0%
    The Peanuts Movie
    0%
    Seventh Son
    0%
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
    0%
    Blackhat
    0%
    Ted 2
    0%
    Hot Tub Time Machine 2
    0%
    BOO: Bureau of Otherworldy Operations
    0%
    The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
    0%
    Mortdeci
    0%
    Kung Fu Panda 3
    0%
    Hitman: Agent 47
    0%
    The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death
    0%
    Shaun the Sheep: The Movie
    0%
    Paranormal Activity 5: The Ghost Dimension
    0%
    San Andreas
    0%
    Entourage
    0%
    Insidious: Chapter 3
    0%
    The Transporter 4: Legacy
    0%
    Magic Mike XXL
    0%
    Pixels
    0%
    Poltergeist
    0%
    Point Break
    0%
    The Man from UNCLE
    0%
    Sinister 2
    0%
    The Maze Runner 2: Scorch Trials
    0%
    Hotel Transylvania 2
    0%
    Victor Frankenstein
    0%
    London Has Fallen
    0%
    The Jungle Book
    0%
    007: SPECTRE
    0%
    Friday the 13th: Part XII
    0%

I went to the cinema once this year to see Transformers.

Next year is gonna be great; Bond, dinosaurs, Super Heroes, fast cars, time travelling Killer robots and a galaxy far, far away.

Quality.

Comment

At least there are some films I want to see next year, I can't even answer the 2014 post as I don't think I saw anything new in the year. Really enjoyed the first Avengers so hopeful the second will be as good, even though I'm absolutely sick of superhero films. Star Wars is the biggest for me, with F&F 7 and hot tub time machine 2 both hopefully being good sequels.

Comment

Furious 7, Mad Max and Avengers 2 are easily the biggest for me. Interesting to see how Peanuts turns out too. Hoping for good things from Spongebob. Mildly curious about Terminator and Star Wars.

Comment

Mad Max, Terminator and Jurassic interest me. I don't watch a lot of movies though so I don't know what half of them are.

Comment

Avengers, Star Wars. Some Minions for good measure.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Avengers and Ant-Man. Oddly leaning more towards Jurassic, Star Wars and Terminator but I think that's the nostalgia. It wasn't a big hit, but sequel London Has Fallen is on my radar too, decent fun the first. Overall, looking like a good year but the first big hitter for me is Fast 7, will be proper ready for that.

My early predictions for the bigger budget flops of 2015 based on that list? Jungle Book, Kingsman and Mad Max. Don't see any of them doing great business.

Comment

Only Colin for the Hot Tub 2 love-in?

Comment

Looking forward to Entourage and hoping they don't screw it up.

The Stephen Hawking film too, though hear it's more a love story that the science side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Only Colin for the Hot Tub 2 love-in?
                    seen the trailer, and without all the cast from the first one, i'll wait till netflix or something for that one.

Avengers, Star wars, Bond and thrown in Ant man just for curiosity value.

Comment

I'd rather have a large dog **** in my mouth than sit through another Terminator film. I can't possibly fathom how anyone could look forward to the new one after the last two.

Mind, I can't work out why some blokes like getting paddled on their arses either.

Comment

Fandango did a poll of 1000 people to see what the most anticipated movies are of 2015. The top 5 was:

1 - Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
                        2 - The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
                        3 - The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2
                        4 - Fifty Shades of Grey
                        5 - Jurassic World

This compares to Bordersdown much more prestigious poll results:

1 - Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
                        2 - The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
                        3 - James Bond 007: Spectre
                        4 Joint - Jurassic World, Terminator Genysis and Mad Max: Fury Road

Comment

Working...
                        X