The Film of the Year 2022 - The Result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Film of the Year 2022 - The Result

Six rounds of voting across the films released in 2022 have now passed and we have our shortlist of the movies that are considered to be the peak of the hill that came out. Here they are shortlisted together for everyone to cast their votes and to decide...

Which of the above films deserves to be Film of the Year 2022?
    The Batman
    0%
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    0%
    Top Gun: Maverick
    0%
    Prey
    0%
    Barbarian
    0%
    Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers
    0%
    Metal Lords
    0%
    0%
    Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
    0%

Cheers for compiling the poll Neon. My personal fave is Nope but from that list it's Maverick. I'm still buzzing from it days later.

Comment

I think it's got to be Top Gun Maverick hasn't it ... It could have been awful but it somehow replicates the original, elevates it and nails the landing.

I think it's also paced really well and doesn't outstay it's welcome either. It's definitely a movie I'll watch again which I can't say about some of the others.

Comment

I went for Everything in the end. Maverick is pretty much a film where the execution is as on point as it could ever be but as good as it is it doesn't strike me as hard as it does others because ultimately it's a remake more than anything. Everything was not just a surprise but it takes a really good approach to its story and accomplishes so much with so little resourcing.

Comment

Voting will end on Monday

Comment

I haven't seen them all and miss other rounds of voting, gonna watch everything everywhere then I will vote

As hard as it is to say I really enjoyed Maverick considering I hate the first one

Comment

So voted

Everything everywhere all at once - absolutely loved the madness of it, looks beautiful and also funny

Also loved maverick and prey

Haven’t seen Avatar yet but the Batman and glass onion weren’t really my thing

Comment

The plague for the alternates is down in the ladies' room. Maverick.

(Look, I know that line is not in the sequel. Okay?).

Comment

The Batman for me.

Prey was great, Chip 'n' Dale super fun but the atmosphere of The Batman got under my skin and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a while after I saw it.

Haven't seen any of the others on that list.

Comment

Voting has ended and the results are in:

Bordersdown Film of the Year 2022

Top Gun Maverick

Runner Ups:

Everything Everywhere All At Once
                    The Batman

Comment

Working...
                    X