X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywood Hot Wheels: Round 18

WELCOME TO:

HOLLYWOOD HOT WHEELS: ROUND 18

We return to going through the history of the industries most recognisable vehicles covering all manners of iconic designs from film, tv and gaming, their history and what you think of them.

Each round will see three vehicles lined up for the showcase. Unlike the voting conducted in the other threads, here things are more cutthroat.

You each can only vote for a single design in each round, casting the other two to the scrapheap of Hollywood history.
    Make your choice then tell us why you like or don't like each vehicle and why you voted for the one you did.

VEHICLE 52 - K.I.T.T

The Pontiac Trams AM became an 80's icon thanks to this jet black talking car. Armed with nitro, jump boosters and armour plating, the car was further modified in the last season to be capable of a form changing Super Pursuit Mode as well as a rarely used convertible mode. It's interior, with its curved bank of switches and non-wheel steering wheel were more unique than the exterior and once filming ended all but five of the cars were destroyed.

Your Vote or Does Your Mind Tell You 'I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That Michael'?

VEHICLE 53 - EM 50 Assault Vehicle

Adapted from a GMC Motorhome, this armoured vehicle is aimed to use its standard appearance to enter territory without suspicion before adapting into an armour plated vehicle equipped with guns and a flame thrower. It's unknown what happened to the vehicle that was central to the end of the 80's comedy Stripes, presumably it was destroyed after filming.

Earns it Stripes this Round?

VEHICLE 54 - Kenworth W900 Truck

Smokey and the Bandits other vehicle was the long distance haulage truck with its distinctive paint scheme, the vehicle aiming to get the goods across state whilst the Bandit distracted the law. The truck was problematic thanks to its terrible turn circle leading to most of its sequences involving straight road runs, with three used during filming. Their whereabouts are unknown but the distinctive trailer is still owned by the production company and has appeared in other productions as recently as The Walking Dead: Season 07.

A Runaway Choice?

Which is the ultimate Hollywood Hot Wheel?
    K.I.T.T
    0%
    EM 50 Armoured Vehicle
    0%
    Bandit's Kenworth Truck
    0%

Got to be the Kenworth truck for me. Something iconic about those big rigs I've loved since I was a kid.

Comment

FINALLY.

KITT is the winner of everything.

Edit: something seems wrong with the poll. When I select KITT, it doesn’t remove all the other votes of the other polls and declare KITT the winner. Can QC or one of the other mods help with this?
      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 29-08-2023, 14:15.

Comment

Knight Industries Two Thousand.
        Right, next

Comment

K.I.T.T. for a zillion reasons.

Dezerland had THREE of them, although one is the remake version.
          They had the "Super Pursuit" one that turned up in one episode.

Reboot version (Alan Partridge shrug gif)

This is the KITT most of us know of:

They also had this convertible version. Not sure what episode it was in.

Normally like more standout wheels, but these black rims are just perfect for this futuristic car.

Comment

Working...
          X