X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywood Hot Wheels: Round 32

WELCOME TO:

HOLLYWOOD HOT WHEELS: ROUND 32

Boots back on the ground as we continue through the history of the industries most recognisable vehicles covering all manners of iconic designs from film, tv and gaming, their history and what you think of them.

Each round will see three vehicles lined up for the showcase. Unlike the voting conducted in the other threads, here things are more cutthroat.

You each can only vote for a single design in each round, casting the other two to the scrapheap of Hollywood history.
    Make your choice then tell us why you like or don't like each vehicle and why you voted for the one you did.

VEHICLE 94 - Volkswagon Coyote X

A US TV show called Hardcastle and McCormack gave audiences this car. The show followed a retired Judge and a racing felon whon delivered vigilante justice. The pair worked through past cases the Judge had failed to secure a conviction on with the show taking a light hearted tone akin to Lethal Weapon. Thr car uses moulds from McClaren but the original chasis was used from a Beetle. In later seasons, due to difficulties with the original chasis they switched to using one from a DeLorean.

Howling for Success?

VEHICLE 95 - Lightcycle

Tron's infamous two wheeled Lightcycles are produced by the avatars as means of traversal. The trail of light highlights the path of the vehicle whilst also acting as danger for other riders should they collide with it. Though mostly a CG creation, some display physical versions were produced and the public can ride the theme parks Power Ride attraction to experience riding one of them

Lighting the Way to a Win?

VEHICLE 96 - The Black Pearl

The prized ship of Captain Jack Sparrow, it's often taken from his hands by his mutinous crew leading him to set off in pursuit of its retrieval. Having made it through multiple adventures the ship continues under his command. The fastest ship on the seas, several versions have been made but the only sea worthy one was a refit of the real ship Sunset for the second and third films. This ship was then refitted again as the Queen Anne for the fourth film.

The Pearl of the Line Up?

Which is the ultimate Hollywood Hot Wheel?
    Volkswagon Coyote X
    0%
    Lightcycle
    0%
    The Black Pearl
    0%

I find the Coyote quite interesting and in some rounds might have taken it but the lightcycles - especially in Legacy - win out

Comment

I have to agree. The Coyote is quite cool but compared to the lightcycle, it's got no chance.

Comment

I still have never seen Tron so don't have a huge connection with the lightcycle ... I did used to watch Hardcastle & McCormick though and loved the Coyote. Pretty neat for a kit car.

Comment

Working...
        X