No announcement yet.

Which mobile platforms do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I don't have any "smart" mobile platform and if I'll ever buy one if will either be an Android or Windows phone.

Comment

Works fine in saari on iPhone and ipad. No need for a mobile suite unless I am missing something

Comment

I just use the regular site on my iphone, I don't like cut back smartphone versions of the forum

Comment

Ok, looks like I was worrying over nothing. I've got a Nokia 5800 express music and although the battery lasts for a week and it does everything, the Opera browser is a bit hard on the tiny screen with BordersDown, so I have to use the mobile skin, which does not have any admin options (just browsing and posting). I'll see if I can grab an HTC to play with for a bit.

Comment

Everyone should really be using tapatalk to access the forums on android or iphone. So much faster and better than web browsing. Well worth the price.

Comment

The new version of vbulletin will have Forum Runner integration (which is like tapatalk) built in.

Also, I'm a daftie - looking at google analytics tells me:
              50% iPad
              20% iPhone
              20% everything else.

Looked at the hidden costs for the vbulletin App....
              It's $200 to buy, but..... ?100 per year after that!

Then if I want you to be able to access it:
              For iOS:
              Must setup an initial Apple Developer Account (with Apple) at a cost of $99 (payable on-line via credit card)
              There will be an annual renewal cost of $99 per year for the Apple Developer Account (payable to Apple)
              Must have - or have access to - a Mac computer
              For Android:
              Must set up an Android Marketplace Account at a one-time cost of $25 (payable on-line via credit card)

So initial cost is $325 plus the cost of buying a Mac!!!
              And then $200 per year after that.
              hehehe. LOL.

Oh and wut!?! at the delta between iOS marketplace and Android's.
              Last edited by charlesr; 13-04-2012, 15:06.

Comment

BoardersDown Charity Drive 2012 v2 - Buy Charlesr a Mac!

Comment

Maybe a rain mac.

Comment

Also, I think Forum Runner is free for basic stuff (modding and PM push notification is ?1.28)

Comment

I just installed Forum Runner as a plugin and it's good. I tried the FREE version on android.

It has a "NEWS" button at the bottom which shows you the reviews and features on the homepage very clearly

The only problem with all this stuff is that the widgets (homepage and forum sideblock) disappear. Not a massive issue.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Maybe a rain mac.
                        The Raincoat Admin. You could make it play an 'Amazing Grace' midi when you go into the admin panel.

Tapatalk on iPhone + Safari on iPad = absolutely fine as it is.

Comment

Working...
                        X