Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register to vote: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Apply for a postal vote: https://www.gov.uk/apply-postal-vote

An advantage of postal vote is you won’t need to worry about having the right photo ID with you on the day. You can still take your ballot to a polling station.

Comment

Sunak's flagship Rwanda and no-smoking policies predictably dropped.

Keir Starmer says Tory plans ‘up in the air or in the bin’, with proposals to end no-fault evictions also likely to be dropped

Comment

Questioners at Sunak warehouse speech turn out to be Tory councillors | Rishi Sunak | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          China edges closer and closer to Taiwan. They are now labelling Taiwan as “separatists”.
          This is bad, along with what they are doing with the Philippines as well in the South China Sea.

There all still there? Even Cameron & Trust are back in positions and the limelight, and Blair. None of it ever changes, Farrage slunk off the the states for a bit then slithered back to make waves wherever he could

The entire political system of the UK is an utter failure and a farce, it’s done, tare it down.
          Yep, I've basically said the same here a few times, how those twats with the PPE scandal aren't in a cell next door to Blair the war criminal is a mystery to me.

We should have a complete change.

We could put a monkey flinging its own s**t at a random “things to get done” board, and it would make more correct decisions than all the mp’s combined, plus the monkey wont embezzle and steal either.
          Classic, had a good laugh at that!
          Just let us be ruled by an algorithm - as long at that **** Zuckerberg has nothing to do with it.
          ​​

Comment

China edges closer and closer to Taiwan. They are now labelling Taiwan as “separatists”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...7d6275c2&ei=49
            The CCP needs nuking.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

The CCP needs nuking.
              It’s not the average factory workers fault they anre under the rule of insane morons.

All it will take is the current leadership to be wiped out in one swoop mysteriously and China will forget all about Taiwan.

Same thing should have happened to Putin, and look where that’s all got us.

Comment

I think the current government is doing this election now as they just don't want to be in government any more Rwanda has failed, cutting immigration targets have failed, brexit has losts us billions, and they just had the highest month of borrowing on record, as we couldn't afford the recent national insurance cuts.

On top of that, we have a double whammy of government compensation claims that both need to be paid. The tainted blood scandal and post office sub post master horizon scandal. These are two things that should have been solved years. It's going to take a many years to get the UK back to some sort of normality, the country in a real state with no money to fix anything. They have nothing to gain by holding out till winter for an election as things are just going to get more and more dire as the year goes on. Sunak is just getting ahead of this stuff, he had no choice but to call an election now before it comes to light how dire things actually are.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 24-05-2024, 09:14.

Comment

As I've said before this is Captain Hindsight's to lose, he came across quite well just now on Sky News, said that he WOULD scrap tuition fees in favour of putting money into the NHS and voters can judge him on that - instead of doing it after the election victory.

Talking about Sky, 'King of the North' as he has been dubbed Andy Burnham will be on their election night team. He also came across very well, not ra-ra for Labour or anything.
                  There was also talk that even though he's not in the 'main' party so to speak, after the election it's being said a lot of the decision making that could affect his area would have to go through him.
                  Last edited by Anpanman; 24-05-2024, 19:13. Reason: would not wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                    There was also talk that even though he's not in the 'main' party so to speak, after the election it's being said a lot of the decision making that could affect his area would have to go through him.
                    He's a very big beneficiary of how red the area is. This feels borderline like a threat.

Comment

Diane Abbott will find out in the coming days whether she can stand as a Labour MP

Jeremy Corbyn has confirmed he will be standing as an independent

Sunak wants a leadership debate every week of the campaign, Starmer has said he's happy to do debates with Sunak but that it exposes the desperate state the PM's in

Comment

As I've said before this is Captain Hindsight's to lose, he came across quite well just now on Sky News, said that he wouldn't scrap tuition fees in favour of putting money into the NHS and voters can judge him on that - instead of doing it after the election victory.

Talking about Sky, 'King of the North' as he has been dubbed Andy Burnham will be on their election night team. He also came across very well, not ra-ra for Labour or anything.
                        The nicknames, they hurt my brain, please stop, cringing too hard... skibidi rizz.

Comment

Originally posted by neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/politics...080a302f01e2f5
                          Diane Abbott will find out in the coming days whether she can stand as a Labour MP
                          She really ought to have the Labour whip restored, but I suspect that she won't. Don't @ Me.

Originally posted by neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/politics...08f9a1e7a08f4d
                          Jeremy Corbyn has confirmed he will be standing as an independent
                          Genuinely hope he loses his seat (admittedly unlikely). His complicity in Brexit when he was LLP showed that, like the vast majority of politicians across the spectrum, he is solely in it for himself. Too many people out here drinking the Magic Grandpa-flavoured Kool-Aid.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-05-2024, 10:21.

Comment

As I've said before this is Captain Hindsight's to lose, he came across quite well just now on Sky News, said that he wouldn't scrap tuition fees in favour of putting money into the NHS and voters can judge him on that - instead of doing it after the election victory.
                            Strange BBC Radio4 interview with Starmer this morning where it just felt like they were looking for "gotcha" moments, but Starmer wasn't playing ball.
                            I think it's pretty reasonable to have scaled back on the pledges they made 4 years ago because we've had another 4 years of Tories since then, including Liz Truss' spectacular economy tanking.

To clarify, I'm not particularly pro-Labour, but it just doesn't seem of much value to keep needling to get an answer to a stupid question.
                            It was like:
                            Radio4: "Are you going to scrap university tuition fees?"
                            Starmer: "Not yet. We'd like to but we've accepted there's not enough money to go around yet and want to focus on the NHS."
                            R4: "But, you say you'll build the economy, so would you scrap fees in an ideal world?"
                            KS: "In an ideal world, yes."
                            R4: "But we don't live in an ideal world, do we? DO WE, HMMMM?!"

Talking of BBC news, the lunchtime news yesterday lead with Conservatives are campaigning, Labour are campaigning and Nigel Farage has ruled himself out of standing, but Richard Tice and Reform UK are still standing.

Then, we have three reporters on the campaign trail following the Conservatives, Labour and Reform UK.

Reform UK have one MP, 30p Lee Anderson, who was voted in as a Tory, but already they're dominating the news.
                            There are 15 Lib Dem MPs, the 3rd biggest party, but it's Reform that get the focus.
                            When voters are looking at their options and all they've heard is from the main two parties and Reform, they're going to think the other parties have no presence, so it's a wasted vote.

I'm not pro-Lib Dem either, but I don't like the disproportionate representation of the fringe parties because they're exciting telly.
                            Already I'm fed up with people saying "ooh, I don't really like Starmer"
                            IT'S NOT X-FACTOR, PEOPLE! You're voting for policies, not people! Argh!

Comment

Sunak cites his smoking and vaping bill as an accomplishment that shows why he should be PM - the bill that he shelved 48 hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Strange BBC Radio4 interview with Starmer this morning where it just felt like they were looking for "gotcha" moments, but Starmer wasn't playing ball.
                                I think it's pretty reasonable to have scaled back on the pledges they made 4 years ago because we've had another 4 years of Tories since then, including Liz Truss' spectacular economy tanking.

To clarify, I'm not particularly pro-Labour, but it just doesn't seem of much value to keep needling to get an answer to a stupid question.
                                It was like:
                                Radio4: "Are you going to scrap university tuition fees?"
                                Starmer: "Not yet. We'd like to but we've accepted there's not enough money to go around yet and want to focus on the NHS."
                                R4: "But, you say you'll build the economy, so would you scrap fees in an ideal world?"
                                KS: "In an ideal world, yes."
                                R4: "But we don't live in an ideal world, do we? DO WE, HMMMM?!"

Talking of BBC news, the lunchtime news yesterday lead with Conservatives are campaigning, Labour are campaigning and Nigel Farage has ruled himself out of standing, but Richard Tice and Reform UK are still standing.

Then, we have three reporters on the campaign trail following the Conservatives, Labour and Reform UK.

Reform UK have one MP, 30p Lee Anderson, who was voted in as a Tory, but already they're dominating the news.
                                There are 15 Lib Dem MPs, the 3rd biggest party, but it's Reform that get the focus.
                                When voters are looking at their options and all they've heard is from the main two parties and Reform, they're going to think the other parties have no presence, so it's a wasted vote.

I'm not pro-Lib Dem either, but I don't like the disproportionate representation of the fringe parties because they're exciting telly.
                                Already I'm fed up with people saying "ooh, I don't really like Starmer"
                                IT'S NOT X-FACTOR, PEOPLE! You're voting for policies, not people! Argh!
                                Your really not voting for policies though are you? Because anything that doesn’t make them or their pals money is instantly thrown out the window once power is achieved.

People are voting for the IDEA of a party’s policies, there’s a big difference in the reality’s though.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-05-2024, 15:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X