No announcement yet.

UK XI: Plea's Release Me, Let Me Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're just going all out now, accountability after this Government in politics is close to zero and knowing they're pretty much out on their backsides in the GE it's a smash and grab by the Tories to get whatever personal interest cash grabs they can now.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      They're just going all out now, accountability after this Government in politics is close to zero and knowing they're pretty much out on their backsides in the GE it's a smash and grab by the Tories to get whatever personal interest cash grabs they can now.
      It's not even a last minute thing I remember May's Husband was working with a firm helping company's like Amazon and Starbucks avoid UK Tax. Mays goverment where saying they where doing all they could to make big business pay their taxes, While bringing in no new legislation or laws to make tax avoidance illegal. Talking to her husband about what current loop holes they where exploiting would have been a start. I bet they went home and laughed their Arse's off together while counting all the money they where raking in.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 01-08-2023, 14:56.

Comment

I really feel Starmer's government needs to do two things:

1) Declare an amnesty on all this ****. Ultimately gotta accept all those MPs, up until now, got away with it. We need them for votes.
        2) Lock this **** down from that point onwards.

Otherwise this is just gonna get worse. We're gonna end up being one of those countries where, when you go to the post office to get a driving license, you've gotta slip the cashier at £20 or your form'll end up in the shredder.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          I'm not one to promote criminal activities bit I am enjoying videos of people having a garge full of ulez cams they've taken down. Seems to be a tax that's come in that mainly hurts poorer people.
          It's a bit tricky, because as someone who lost 1000 quid to a fine in the existing LEZ two years back, thus feel these bustards are trying to tax to ordinary man off of the roads. Then I look again at stories like this:
          Ella Adoo-Kissi-Debrah's mother calls on the government to "reduce air pollution immediately".

and can't help but think that action is urgently required.

Comment

Same solution as always - de-centralise London. It would solve much more than just air pollution

Comment

Same solution as always - de-centralise London. It would solve much more than just air pollution
              In other words… German-style federalism? Blimey! That’s a bit too foreign for the British!

Comment

Move the seat of government to Milton Keynes.

I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Move the seat of government to Milton Keynes.

I'm serious.
                  I went to see Metallica - yeah, 'tallica! - and I went to see them at Milton Keynes Bowl. They were being supported by Marilyn Manson - I love Marilyn, Brian? I love Brian, he's great. But anyway what he used to do to get the crowd going was just chant the name of the place over and over. So we were treated to this magnificent spectacle of this eight-foot freak, eyes different colours, wearing a rubber corset, down on one knee shouting "MILTON KEEEEYNES". Stay with me to the grave, that will.

Milton Keynes. Satan's lay-by

:Bill Bailey Part Troll

Comment

I went to London once, wasn’t a fan. Piccadilly Circus was a right dump. The Tube was hot and smelly. Worst of all, Hamleys - supposedly an amazing toy shop - only had Sonic 1 on their demo unit. Sonic 2 had been out months!

On that basis, move the government. Let’s get it out of there.

Comment

It would just work better to move much of what's in London out of it. Like how Washington is the capital of the US but its financial heart is in New York and one of its biggest industries is based in LA. It does no harm to the bottom line but evens out some of the power balance. If the Government wants to be based in London, move the media industry fully to Greater Manchester and the financial markets to either the North East or East of England. Multiple large populace, large business cities and that would then also mean less people needing to live in London and would decongest it and lower housing prices over time. This country has a literally unhealthy fixation on London

Comment

It would just work better to move much of what's in London out of it. Like how Washington is the capital of the US but its financial heart is in New York and one of its biggest industries is based in LA. It does no harm to the bottom line but evens out some of the power balance. If the Government wants to be based in London, move the media industry fully to Greater Manchester and the financial markets to either the North East or East of England. Multiple large populace, large business cities and that would then also mean less people needing to live in London and would decongest it and lower housing prices over time. This country has a literally unhealthy fixation on London
                        Seriously, forget the US completely, look how Germany does federalism. I know we’re meant to despise and fear everything European these days, but Germany offers one of the best models for a federative United Kingdom, not North America.

Comment

Sunak calls out Dorries

Comment

Sunak says he may miss two of his five pledges but it's okay because it's not his fault, its workers instead

Comment

Schapps begins the road to softening the 2030 ban on fossil fuel car sales saying that people have gotten themselves all muddled up. He now says petrol/diesel car sales won't be banned in 2030, but instead in 2035 with the 2030 merely being a ban on solely petrol/diesel cars being sold. A percentage of the market that must be non-petrol/diesel car sales from 2030 will be decided on at a later date.

Comment

Schapps begins the road to softening the 2030 ban on fossil fuel car sales saying that people have gotten themselves all muddled up. He now says petrol/diesel car sales won't be banned in 2030, but instead in 2035 with the 2030 merely being a ban on solely petrol/diesel cars being sold. A percentage of the market that must be non-petrol/diesel car sales from 2030 will be decided on at a later date.
                                So no change then.

Comment

Working...
                                X