Exchange PS2 + Guitar Hero 1 + game + Loads for your artistic talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange PS2 + Guitar Hero 1 + game + Loads for your artistic talent

I have checked with a Mod (Keith) and this is fine to post. So if any other mod thinks it isn't, then you should ban Keith, not me

I have a boxed Phat PS2, with memory cards, and pads, and Guitar Hero 1 + Guitar + cables and probably with a couple of games and lightguns/fishing rod controller/Darkwind controller etc... A big heap of PS2 hardware and software basically, which I estimate is worth about 60 or 70 quid.

I would like to trade it for something, but not another game, or system, or money....

Basically I am looking for someone with some artistic talent. It doesn't have to be incredible, in fact, if it's borderline it might be all the more amusing. But it must be distinctive. I will send this kit to you, gratis, in exchange for a 3 track and band logo deal. I write songs which are played out on London radio every week and as part of a fairly popular podcast (I won't say which one, this isn't supposed to be a pimp). The critical element to this is the fact the music is videogame themed, in lyrical sense, and would only appeal to gamer. So far, things have been moderately popular, with the website of the band getting a fair bit of traffic, however now an assault on YouTube is required, as well as some merchandise!

While I barely have any musical talent, I certainly have no artistic skills. So what I would be looking for is:

1) A band logo to be drawn up, suitable for putting on T-Shirts. I have a few gaming events where I'm playing live coming up so they would be handy to have ready to throw to the "crowd". And when I say crowd I mean small gathering. Or two people. Or my mum. The band logo will also be used on the website and T-shirts/pens/mugs/erasers/hats... etc...

2) I'd also like hand drawn sketches to create video backings for 3 songs (at least... though you are welcome to do more if you don't mind). I would like the videos to be a bit like the sort of cutscenes you see in Lost Winds/Zelda/The end "aargh aaargh" bit of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So static hand drawn pictures, with a bit of movement in the camera. The songs would be around 3-4 minutes long, and I'd provide you the lyrics ahead of time - which are usually vaguely amusing songs about gaming with a twist.. Each line would then be associated with a simple, pencil drawn or inked picture. As I say, crude is fine, but so long as it's funny, and I'll stitch them together into little videos to put on YouTube. Or you can, if you're willing!

And fame, of course will result (perhaps). I'm getting old, and I crave minor Internet fame. I know I'm not as funny as Zero Punctuation, but this is my low rent version, and it's all I have!

PM me, if you're interested. If you're local - all the better, as posting the stuff will cost a fortune! If you don't want the stuff and want to help anyway then I can donate it to a charity of your choice, or send it to one of your mates or something.

Cheers,

-Ben
Working...
X