Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Santa 2019

Merry Christmas!

The time has come again for the Bordersdown Secret Santa!

Participants this year are:
    @QualityChimp
    @Zaki
    @teddymeow
    @Blobcat
    @gambit6613
    @fuse
    @Nu-Eclipse
    @KIT786
    @Mayhem
    @ItsThere

No word either way yet from previous participants:
    @Brad
    @Lebowski
    @Colin
    @DaytimeDreamer

I will have a look at the forms and get them sent out to you all, so I'll need them filled in to proceed.

There are no international participants this year, so there's a little wriggle room, but getting sorted sooner rather than later is preferable for all.

I will randomly allocate people's personage and email all participants with the name and address of their recipient. Once you receive you recipient , I suggest you post your gift as early in December as possible to ensure arrival for the big day.

Gift price guide is around £10 - £15, but should you wish to spend more, that is up to you.

The boring bit: Fulfilment of participants in the Secret Santa transactions is neither legally binding to myself or
    Bordersdown.net, by using the form you agree to this statement.

Please do your best to find something delightful as a gift, forum stalking is recommended, PM me if you are really struggling to think of something.

Use this thread to post some of the stuff you're interested in for a bit of steerage, but it doesn't have to be what's listed, as long as it's a good present.

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/last-posting-dates

Royal Mail 2nd Class & 2nd Class Signed For Wednesday 18th December
    Royal Mail 1st Class & 1st Class Signed For,
    Parcelforce Worldwide express48, express48large
    Friday 20th December
    Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
    Parcelforce Worldwide express24, AM, 9 & 10
    Monday 23rd December

If you're involved, post below some of the things you like to give your Santa a helping hand.
    Let's do this properly, gang, when it's done right, this is amazing and giving a sweet present is as fun as receiving.

There's a solid history of AMAZING gift giving here on the forum, so let's keep that tradition up, chums!

I'll sort out a form closer to the end date for you all to fill in with your details.
    Obviously, GDPR stuff means I'll need your addresses, but I'll delete them as soon as everyone has received their gifts.

Please let me know when you've sent and received your presents.

Photos of the present when you open them on Christmas day is mandatory!

Thanks again to all taking part!

Reminder to self when you're looking at this in 2020, QC, invite [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]!
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 09-12-2019, 12:30. Reason: It's coming up, it's coming up, ItsThere

My gifts doesn't have to be games-related, but for stalker info...

Main consoles:
    PS4; XBox One

Other consoles:
    Switch; 360; PS3; SNES; MD; Dreamcast; Wii; DS; Vita (Basically everything except 3DS, Cube and WiiU!)

Other interests:
    DVD; Blu-Ray; robots; Japanese toys; gadgets; RC toys; videogame books; Kung-Fu flicks; graphic novels

I'm pretty easy to please!

Comment

Main consoles:
      Nintendo Switch, PC

Other consoles
      PS2, PS3, Nintendo main/ handheld except SNES

Other interests
      Anime, Japanese culture, Art and design, DVD, Blu-ray, Manga, gundam/ models, crafts, chocolates. Animal Crossing++, Zelda , dark humour/ funny stuff.

If super stuck/ concerned ask [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] as he is pretty good at ideas for me
      Last edited by Blobcat; 03-12-2019, 22:10.

Comment

Main consoles:
        Nintendo Switch

Other consoles
        PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, DC, GC

Other interests
        Anything gaming related (zelda, old skool sega and nintendo in particular) Lego, Star Wars, Marvel (more of an interest in X-men), travelling, random toys and gadgets

Comment

Just awaiting forms from [MENTION=2970]Nu-Eclipse[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2087]gambit6613[/MENTION].

Comment

C'mon, @Nude-Eclipse, we're waiting for you!

Comment

Sorry, [MENTION=917]ItsThere[/MENTION], I'm not sure how I missed you off.

PM sent with the link to the form.

Anyone else want to sneak in whilst we wait for Nu-Eclipse?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Sorry, @ItsThere, I'm not sure how I missed you off.

PM sent with the link to the form.

Anyone else want to sneak in whilst we wait for Nu-Eclipse?
                Sorted and done the form! Thanks QC

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  C'mon, @Nude-Eclipse, we're waiting for you!
                  Apologies. Not been here in a while - work stuff going on.

Form completed.

Main consoles:

Nintendo Switch, Sony PS4.

Other consoles:

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advance, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS3, Sony PS2, Sony PS1, Sony PSTV.

Other interests:

Books, Music, Artwork, Film, Anime, Manga, Game art/soundtracks, DVDs, Blu-Rays.

Comment

No problem, thanks for getting it done.

If anyone else wants to join in, you've got tonight, then I'm generating the Santas tomorrow.

Excitement!

Comment

I'm in! Will be shipping from Spain but I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                        I'm in! Will be shipping from Spain but I'm in
                        Ooh, a late entrant!

I'm going to PM you the questionnaire in a minute.

Whoever gets DD, last postage to Spain is Monday 16th December.

Comment

Right, fellow Santas, this is now CLOSED!

I've generated the list and you should have had your email to the address you entered.

Can you let me know if you have or haven't received your email as I really want this to go well!

I have mine and this person is in for a MAJOR (£10 ish) treat!

Comment

As we filled in an interests box for the Google Docs, I was expecting that passed through. Evidently I'd better put some stuff here then for whoever is buying for me...!

Videogame stuff - Commodore, Vectrex, SNES (US or JPN), Nintendo handhelds

Other interests - clothes for Kathryn (9-12 month winter bits, or 12-18 month bits for spring/summer), football (Premier League Leicester City, and NFL), 80s music and film, chocolate, old school animation, Usagi Yojimbo.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

For some reason, it's not sent the interests through, so here they all are (I think Zaki is reaching a bit!):

QualityChimp PS4, XBone, Switch, 3D BR, robots etc.
                              Zaki Games - used copy of Death Stranding santa haha
                              fuse Japanese game ephemera, heavy metal, stout
                              Blobcat Nintendo, Animal Crossing, Japanese stuff, anime, cute things, crafts
                              Mayhem Commodore computers, Vectrex, 80s music, sci-fi, football (Premier League and NFL), MotoGP, craft beers
                              teddymeow Anime, 4k, PS4, Switch, Naughty Dog, Japan
                              KIT786 Lego, Star Wars, Nintendo, Sega, travelling, retro gaming, zelda, marvel
                              gambit6613 Main console:
                              Switch and PC

Other interests:
                              Lego, anything Pokemon related, anything Zelda related, Harry Potter, NFL (Chicago Bears), Liverpool FC, Star Wars (original trilogy only),
                              ItsThere Switch, PSVR obscurities
                              Nu-Eclipse Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii U, PS3, PS4, Game Soundtracks, Game Books, DVDs, Blu-Rays.
                              DaytimeDreamer PlayStation, PS4, SNK and Neo Geo stuff, X68000, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Fighting games
                              @gambit6613, can you give your Santa a bit of steerage?
                              Last edited by QualityChimp; 06-12-2019, 12:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X