Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk to me about Hatsune Miku - should I buy one???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about Hatsune Miku - should I buy one???

Hey all,

Been browsing round the import sites lately & have seen there's a new PS3 Hatsune Miku due & as I've never experienced one in my life so I'm wondering if I should take a punt.

Now I think they are rhythm based games but are they easily accessible & more importantly are they fun??

I've seen the fancy controller you can get as well which looks cool.

Are they worth trying at least once??

Ta

Neil

You can download a demo of project diva f (the first one) from PSN Neil.

Comment

I wish I could buy a Hatsune Miku.

As rhythm games I think they're fairly enjoyable on a handheld system. They don't offer much depth (sorry Miku fans!) compared to titles like beatmania IIDX but again, they're for handhelds - mostly.

Appreciating vocaloid music certainly helps I'd say too.

Comment

I like Miku games precisely because they're not as hardcore as IIDX etc. I don't have the time or inclination to memorise such extreme patterns. I used to be pretty good at Pop'n but I doubt I'd be able to do anything but the 5 button mode these days.

They are extremely accessible games and they're a LOT of fun, provided you enjoy the rhythm action genre. IMO the fancy controller is overkill, mostly because the game was originally developed to be played on PSP anyway. It was latterly released in the arcades and that's what the controller is based on. IMO the PS3 versions of these games look kinda ****ty, because they're just upscaled versions of the handheld originals. The actual polygon graphics are fine, but the interface looks bizarre spread over a giant plasma because it's clearly meant for a 5" screen.

Comment

double post
          Last edited by wakka; 28-02-2014, 16:51.

Comment

Hmm its not like they are easy either especially when you ramp it up to Extreme. This is about as hard as it gets

Comment

Watching that video makes me want to buy one of them on Vita..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I would wait and see if the UK download copy has the extra tracks from the PS3 version included in it if it was me.

Comment

B-but I liked boxes.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys

Unfortunately I don't have a PSP anymore & the Vita is still way too expensive based on the fact that I'll probably buy nothing for it so it would be the PS3 versions only

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                    You can download a demo of project diva f (the first one) from PSN Neil.
                    I know what I'm doing tonight then

Do it you know you want to

Comment

B-but I liked boxes.
                      Well you could buy the J version and then download the 6 tracks DLC for (I think ?1500)

Comment

B-but I liked boxes.
                        And you can resell it that way...I hate DL games & won't buy them on principle.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          Thanks for the input guys

Unfortunately I don't have a PSP anymore & the Vita is still way too expensive based on the fact that I'll probably buy nothing for it so it would be the PS3 versions only

I know what I'm doing tonight then

Do it you know you want to

The PS3 versions are slightly easier to play imo, the vita one is very good as are the psp originals, the 3DS one is different due to the buttons but still alright (its Japan only them though) but the PS3 one is the best imo as it has all the extra tracks (6) and is slightly easier on the eyes when it gets fast it is a bit jaggy as wakka said though

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Now I think they are rhythm based games but are they easily accessible & more importantly are they fun??
                            I have bought the 3DS game out of curiosity when I was in Japan two years ago, and I'm not a Miku/Vocaloid fan...in fact, I struggle to understand the appeal of Vocaloids past their character design (and about that, I'd say that Luka is my favourite).
                            The game is accessible and easy to play, though my experience with rhythm games is limited Miku's 3DS game and Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents...what I really liked about the 3DS game are the videos, especially those not using 3D models.
                            I'd say give it a go, but I'd first search which costumes are available in which game :P

Comment

They are horrendous things that make my ears bleed. Play some better rhythm action games like Beatmania or Amplitude. ANYTHING!

Comment

Working...
                              X