This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Rewatched Into The Spider-verse. Reckon it might just be the best animated film ever made and it’s one of my favourite superhero movies. It’s absolutely brilliant. Really in every single way. Every element of the movie is fantastic.
    We watched it again last night and totally agree. It's on another level.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Watched Kubrick's 'The Killing' an hour or so back.
    It's on my radar but I've still never seen it. Was it on tv?

Comment

Yeah, it's doing the rounds on Film4 at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Rewatched Into The Spider-verse. Reckon it might just be the best animated film ever made and it’s one of my favourite superhero movies. It’s absolutely brilliant. Really in every single way. Every element of the movie is fantastic.
        I've not seen ITS-V (Part of the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe...) but that's a bold claim, especially from someone as artistic, talented and handsome as you.

I'm not doubting a lot of creativity going on here, but having seen Ghost in the Shell recently, it made me nostalgic for traditionally animated films, rather than a couple of drawn frames and the rest go to Korea to be animated, or just bunged into a computer.

Am I being a snob, or is this genuinely better than Akira, Fantasia, The Wrong Trousers, Cowboy Bebop, Howl's Moving Castle, anything Disney or anything CGI like Toy Story?
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-04-2019, 12:10.

Comment

You Story sounds intriguing...

Into the Spiderverse is stunningly beautiful. The screen looks like a comic book page, right down to the ink dots.

We saw Avengers End Game last night. It was everything I wanted it to be, and more.

Today we’ve been watching the Raimi Spider-Man films. Finished the first and watching the second one now.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            Yeah, it's doing the rounds on Film4 at the mo.
            Set to record, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Howl's Moving Castle
              I doubt it could be worse than Howl's Moving Castle.

Comment

I've not seen ITS-V (Part of the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe...) but that's a bold claim, especially from someone as artistic, talented and handsome as you.

I'm not doubting a lot of creativity going on here, but having seen Ghost in the Shell recently, it made me nostalgic for traditionally animated films, rather than a couple of drawn frames and the rest go to Korea to be animated, or just bunged into a computer.

Am I being a snob, or is this genuinely better than Akira, Fantasia, The Wrong Trousers, Cowboy Bebop, Howl's Moving Castle, anything Disney or anything CGI like Toy Story?
                In all honesty, yeah, I think it is. I think every element of Spider-verse is as great as it can be. The visuals are incredible, animation is amazing, sound and soundtrack are perfect and match the visuals in ways few films achieve, the story is brilliant and full of charm, humour, emotion and it has a real soul to it. So yes. I would have put The Iron Giant up there as my favourite for many reasons but, on rewatch, I think Spider-verse takes it. All those movies you mention are greats and have great things in them but I believe Spider-verse delivers on all aspects in a single movie.

Comment

Wow, that's high praise from someone as talented as you.

I can take or leave [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]' opinion.

Joooooke.
                  Will deffo watch it.

Comment

We're on holiday (don't steal the milk from my doorstep) but the Firestick works, so when the kids were asleep we watched Get Out, which is totally my jam and loved it.

Comment

Actually, my daughter discovered Frozen so we've had that on about 5 times now.

Comment

I can take or leave @Atticus' opinion.
                        The Emoji Movie is the greatest animated film of all time.

Comment

Comment

ITSV is fantastic. For adults and kids. Super lush to look at after the initial shock, but after a while you just get sucked in and become part of it. The later scenes are absolutely bonkers in a way only comics / anime can be. Plot is class leading.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              I bought Disney's the black hole on Amazon's Prime in HD.
                              I bought that on DVD last decade when I was collecting films. I had no memories of watching it before -- and I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's up there with the greatest sci-fi films, but it's a fun film that is worth having in a collection. I'm sure a blu-ray release would do pretty well.

Comment

Taped the old Brit 70s Tales From The Crypt on THC last week, watched it tonite, this was a movie that vastly disturbed me as a 7yr old kid and one that I attribute to a depressive state I never had before seeing this movie. It really ****ed me up!!! I had this nightmare when I went to bed about being alone in all-white, endless infinity, forever and never dying, nothing and nobody there just a little piece of downstairs house with a bed in it and broken-open walls on all sides. My 7yr old head had never entertained such a heavy concept. I was never the same afterwards, it made me the very strange man I am today!

But anyway. It didn't affect me in *quite* the same way today. It is garish and obvious and campy. It's really cool but bloody stupid. The killer Santa at the window in the Joan Collins story* is truly sinister...

...but this isn't a scary movie. The horrors seem to involve a sense of infinite hell rather than ghosts or creatures...despite this movie featuring at least one authentic zombie and two questionable ones. The horror...is in the sense of being trapped somewhere horrible and it never ending. I think it's why it ****ed me up back then.

Anyway.

*The stories. This is one of them portmanteau/compendium type of horror flicks with several little stories making up the whole...then an end (or is it???) I found it more a 7/10 this time around because it's shot its bolt after the first viewing...I'd heavily recommend it if you've never seen it before, that way you won't know the stories.

But the stories are *great*...and deliciously, luridly evil fun. Doing the rounds on The Horror Channel right now, set your Sky boxes if you ain't seen this, you are in for a treat!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X