Resident Evil VIIIage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil VIIIage

Now that Resident Evil 2 is finally out, it is time to talk about the next entry in the series and now rumors are slowly starting to buzz regarding what is currently planned for the next game. Resident Evil 2 is a major success for Capcom. The game has shipped 3 million copies in its debut week making it a great

Nicked from Era, if there's any truth to it then it'll lean to us getting 3make possibly before too long but RE8 woudl be easily into next gen and may disappoint RE7 fans by switching away from first person.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-06-2020, 23:12.

Oh god, they're running with the worst aspect of 7. Before I played it, I thought it was gonna be a genuinely different story that's unrelated to the existing Resident Evil mythos (aside from a few fan-pleasing but not plot-relevant connections). Instead, it's literally the exact same story all over again. If 8 is gonna be set in the lab, it looks like we'll be skipping the good portion that 7 had and diving straight into the hackneyed bioweapon folderol we're all sick to the ass with. Also, little girls with long hair are not scary, I don't know why everyone thinks they are.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
      Oh god, they're running with the worst aspect of 7. Before I played it, I thought it was gonna be a genuinely different story that's unrelated to the existing Resident Evil mythos (aside from a few fan-pleasing but not plot-relevant connections). Instead, it's literally the exact same story all over again. If 8 is gonna be set in the lab, it looks like we'll be skipping the good portion that 7 had and diving straight into the hackneyed bioweapon folderol we're all sick to the ass with. Also, little girls with long hair are not scary, I don't know why everyone thinks they are.
      I agree with all of this.
      Setting it in a lab and back to 3rd person would be like going back to resi6. Capcom have made some real steps forward. Resi7 is scary because of the Family and because in 1st person you are right on top on that violent horror. Resi 2 works in 3rd person because its a different type of atmosphere and scares.
      Also I'm sure Sony would like another big budget VR title on their PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        I agree with all of this.
        Setting it in a lab and back to 3rd person would be like going back to resi6. Capcom have made some real steps forward. Resi 7 is scary because of the family and because in 1st person you are right on top on that violent horror. Resi 2 works in 3rd person because its a different type of atmosphere and scares.
        Also I'm sure Sony would like another big budget VR title on their PS5.
        They should learn from 7 and Tyrant in REmake 2, and Alien Isolation. When I first played 7 I thought the family would be roaming freely (based on the first part in the house), but eventually realised it's very scripted and they have very limited patrol paths and times. A game like 7, but with the roaming of the Tyrant or the Alien in Isolation, but in VR... Hoo boy.

Comment

7 is so terrifying that I'm playing it using the TV because VR is just too much for me. I'm a wimp.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            They should learn from 7 and Tyrant in REmake 2, and Alien Isolation. When I first played 7 I thought the family would be roaming freely (based on the first part in the house), but eventually realised it's very scripted and they have very limited patrol paths and times. A game like 7, but with the roaming of the Tyrant or the Alien in Isolation, but in VR... Hoo boy.
            Oh jeez. I hear from people with PCVR that the alien isolation VR mod makes the game terrifying. Like people just NOPE out of it.

Comment

I suppose it depends on how much of a sales roof Capcom thinks first person entries have compared to the third person ones. Isolation is one of the most intense experiences but doesn't help convince the money men, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Remake 2 swinging things though I though RE8 would be further along by now

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                7 is so terrifying that I'm playing it using the TV because VR is just too much for me. I'm a wimp.
                I tried the demo on the latest VR demo disc (3). It's called the Kitchen. I lasted 2 minutes.

Comment

Don't lose the 1st person view please, it made RE 7 so bloody terrifying to play on a normal TV screen, never mind in VR. Leave the 3rd person view for the remakes and give uses the best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Oh jeez. I hear from people with PCVR that the alien isolation VR mod makes the game terrifying. Like people just NOPE out of it.
                    I've been playing it this week. I don't know, VR scares just don't work on me at all. I'm still in my room viewing the game on a 3D screen that's strapped to my face. That's it. Janky animations don't really help with the immersion, either.

I'm going to try a 'dead is dead' run on Skyrim when I get around to buying that in a sale. Maybe that will up the ante a bit.

Comment

I mean there are some people out there that think Thumper is terrifying (!?).

Comment

RE 7 in VR is something else, its the most terrifying horror game I've ever played (in VR mode)

Comment

Resident Evill

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Resident Evill
                            Ooooooh, that's GOOOOD!

Comment

Resideight Evill?

Comment

Working...
                              X