Xbox Game Pass (Xbox / PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Pandemic (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

As members of an elite disease control team, you’re the only thing standing in the way of the four deadly diseases spreading across the world. Travel the globe protecting cities, contain infections from spreading, and discover the cure for each disease. The fate of humanity is in your hands!
    LOL. Hmmmmmm.........

Comment

Based on a board game - it's actually pretty good, the board game anyway, IRC the VG conversion isn't great.

Comment

Some Game Pass news - in an announcement that surprises no one, Project XCloud will become part of Game Pass later this year: https://www.trueachievements.com/n41...xbox-game-pass

New Games

The Long Dark – April 16th
        Gato Roboto — April 21st
        Deliver Us The Moon — April 23rd
        HyperDot — April 30th
        Levelhead — April 30th

Moving Out
        Gears Tactics (PC)
        The Long Dark
        Machinarium

Red Dead Redemption 2 - May 7th

Games left in April

Console
        Fallout 4
        Wolfenstein: The New Order
        The Banner Saga 2
        Bomber Crew
        Braid
        Full Metal Furies
        Metal Slug 3
        Ruiner
        Silence - The Whispered World 2
        Smoke And Sacrifice

PC
        The Banner Saga 2
        Bomber Crew
        Full Metal Furies
        Ruiner
        Silence - The Whispered World 2
        Smoke And Sacrifice

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
        MX vs. ATV: Reflex
        Samurai Shodown II
        The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Also, leaving Game Pass this month (May)

DOOM
        Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
        Metal Gear Survive
        The Banner Saga
        The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game
        Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
        GTA V
        Black Desert
        Last edited by MartyG; 03-05-2020, 12:37.

Comment

So when games get removed, is there any pattern on their price? Currently GTAV is £20 if you have game pass or 25 if you don't. Will it jump back up to 25? Basically should I buy it now before it drops off game pass?

Also, why do they remove them? Reading a website, it used the phrase "to make room for new games". Is this because they don't know either?

Comment

It's well known that the all the tapes the internet is stored on are running out of free space, so Microsoft does now have to delete older games to make way for new ones, otherwise they'd simply be squeezed off the internet tapes.

Comment

That’s true yes. It’s due to a shortage of web space.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                So when games get removed, is there any pattern on their price? Currently GTAV is £20 if you have game pass or 25 if you don't. Will it jump back up to 25? Basically should I buy it now before it drops off game pass?

Also, why do they remove them? Reading a website, it used the phrase "to make room for new games". Is this because they don't know either?
                The game will revert to normal price unless it immediately enters a promotion. You get 20% off the games 'normal' price as a Game Pass subscriber, but the cheapest way is to wait for a Xbox Live sale. GTA V (without the MTX) will go as low as £8-something in the sales.

I believe the deals with third-party publishers are timed, certainly on the more high profile titles. So currently MS has paid Rockstar to have GTA V and (soon) RDR 2 on the service. Sony currently has entered into a deal for Control on PS Now.

Comment

Cheers bud.

It's £16 on cdkeys which is decent

Comment

I sorted my kids with Gamepass Ultimate this morning and hooked myself up while I was at it. The selection of games is great. Really impressed.

Comment

It's actually pretty diverse at the moment. I find myself grabbing lots of little indie titles to muck around with in between bigger games.

At the moment the Touryst is keeping me occupied.

Comment

I can recommend trying Forager - it's another indie game and I've been having a lot of fun playing it, it's a survival light game (you don't need to do a lot of health management, just eat when energy gets low), but the resource gathering, building and expansion hooked me in. One of the few games that's kept me playing and not realising it was 1am I've sampled recently.

I really should update this thread with the latest additions.

Comment

This is cool!

Comment

Hudson... That's what I am using with a Huawei P30 Pro.

Razer Kishi is the name of it.

Comment

It's expensive, but man it's cool.

How is the streaming?

Comment

They've brought out an Xbox specific one which just changesn the buttons on it to match the Xbox scheme. So you have the menu/home logos and the YXBA are coloured correctly.

For some reason that's £99! The one I bought was the one for Android which was £89 but Razer gave you £10 off if pre-ordered from their store.

Bit easier to swallow but still expensive for what it is. The streaming is excellent to be fair and this just makes it so much easier to quickly get setup. It's usb C passthrough so there's no added Bluetooth latency and it doesn't need charging. Just connect and go, you can charge the phone via a usb C port on the right grip.

The layout feels good. Better for smaller hands but comfortable enough. The best part of the device is it has actual analog triggers and great analog sticks. I'd say the sticks here are better than the Switch and though smaller almost as good as an Xbox controller.

The triggers are flatter and wider with less travel so take some getting used to but as the controller is small your index finger does seem to lay across their full length more so they're easy to finesse when playing say Forza etc...

My biggest criticism of it is more with the overall design. I wish it fitted tablets as well because phone screens are still small for playing in this. At a 16:9 ratio you're talking 5" screen max on most large phones so I hope MS make it so you can stretch the screen for wider screen ratios. It's still perfectly playable as it is but more options would be nice.

My only other issue is the usb C port is for power only. You can connect wired headphones to this which wouldn't be much of an issue but I've noticed playing and using Bluetooth buds there is noticeable sound delay / latency between onscreen. So that's annoying and I haven't seen a way to fix it.

If you don't use headphones there's two small slots on the right side which basically channel the audio from your phone speakers to the front of the device. So it's basically better to turn up the volume and just play that way.

Of course this isn't just for Xbox. It's android at the moment and you can use this for native games or other streaming services etc...

If you've got an android phone with a central usb C port is definitely worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
                                X