No announcement yet.

Doom Eternal - PS4 / Xbox One / PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played some more hours, still running out of ammo though even with more weapons and upgrades .

Problem i had and i dunno if its just specific to me is, I run out of small fry enemies to chainsaw and all thats left is bigger enemies and the problem is they need more than one Chainsaw fuel to beat and it only refills automatically the one

Comment

I find I can pathetically scrape by on just enough ammo if I carefully tune the weapon/ammo to the right types, e.g. making sure I use plasma rifle for shielded enemies, sticky bombs to shove in cacodemon gobs, etc.

Super game. Best FPS campaign of the generation for me alongside Titanfall 2. I'm even enjoying the hilariously (and quite self-consciously) over-written lore, which reads like it was done as a gift to my 14 yr old Slayer-listening spotty self.

Comment

I think I'm on the home stretch now and it's still kicking my ass all the way. It's been a long time I've been as dedicated to such a challenging game. It has thrown so much at me but I've loved it ... even the times it took 20 attempts to clear an area or make a tough series of jumps. Have a feeling I'll be chalking this up as a GOTY contender.

Comment

Yeah it really is awesome - on the final stretch now too. Probably one of the most intense video games I have ever played, I usually hate looking for secrets and doing puzzles, but this was rather enjoyable. It has abit of.everything thrown in doom, quake 3, rage etc and the new play mechanics really shine. Had a few sneaky ‘gamefaqs’ moments where I just couldn’t figure out what to do. Needs to be played loud!

Comment

Finished now on default difficulty, which was plenty.

I thought the penultimate boss was more of a challenge than the final as

a necessary technique with the Super Shotgun was a bit fiddly in the heat of battle

but the final boss was more fun to blast away at

Loved this game from start to finish, the combat is so much fun. Never a dull moment. Fab game.

Comment

I forgot to add a poll when I started the thread. Could a mod add one please?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                I forgot to add a poll when I started the thread. Could a mod add one please?
                Poll added [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION].

Comment

Cheers Chimp

I was watching this vid earlier and it becomes clear it was made by a team who know and understand how to make the player feel at all times. One term he uses a few times is the 'Doom dance', which sums up the kinetic, linked-up gameplay that you do without thinking.

In some ways it reminds me of the mindset of playing a Cave shooter: using the popcorn enemies for one purpose while managing the bigger ones and getting showered in pick-ups in the process.

Comment

This is an easy game of 2020

Comment

Kudos to anyone who is playing this on console. The game is so fast I can't imagine not playing it with a mouse.

Fun game, and it looks great too. But the music... fortunately it can be turned off.

Comment

Finished this last night. Glorious game, like playing through a series of thrash album covers. It's dedicated 100% to silly fun, from the collectible cheats on cute floppy disks to decorating your mancave with vinyl record sleeves, all while wrapped up in an OTT pseudo-serious fan fiction type narrative that you are invited to ignore. My favourite 'cheat', and one that sums up the silliness of it all, is one where you have a background soundtrack of an over-enthusiastic Bethesda conference audience who whoop and holler as you ramp up the kills. The levels are designed more like a series of jungle gyms - with bounce pads and monkey bars - than anything that makes any narrative sense, and this really helps to keep the focus on pure play and endless movement. Jumping/aerial control for an FPS game is second to none, imho. Last two boss battle were intense as hell even on normal ('hurt me plenty') difficulty. And the games runs better than it has any right to on a base, day-1 PS4. I've gone back and tried the MP again and they've re-balanced it and tidied up the screen furniture a bit, and it's much better now. Shooter of the generation for me, I've actually got my eye on the DLC chapters for once even though there is a ton of content/replayability in the base game.

Comment

Changed my vote to a 10. It feels ott giving any game that score but it's pretty much perfection (single-player campaign). there's nothing I would change or add ... apart from those DLC chapters when they land ... can't wait for those.

Comment

Changed my vote to a 10. It feels ott giving any game that score but it's pretty much perfection (single-player campaign). there's nothing I would change or add ... apart from those DLC chapters when they land ... can't wait for those.
                            Agreed - I am going though the campaign again, (with original weapon pose and sfx) on nightmare and it’s great. Also trying to do those master levels too (they are tough). Had a few crashes here and there too, on rare occasion - have you had any? I am on PS4 pro. Hopefully a patch will come out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              Had a few crashes here and there too, on rare occasion - have you had any? I am on PS4 pro. Hopefully a patch will come out soon.
                              No, touch wood (playing on the One X).

Is Nightmare as intense as it sounds? Hurt Me Plenty pushed me pretty hard in places!

Comment

No, touch wood (playing on the One X).

Is Nightmare as intense as it sounds? Hurt Me Plenty pushed me pretty hard in places!
                                Oops - I meant ultra-violence! I am much better prepared for it after completing on hurt me plenty!

Comment

Working...
                                X