No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had Secret Santa get together at work. I was gifted a very heavy black mug with one of those hot chocolate spoon things which I'm interested in trying but the best was a copy of the book Letters from Father Christmas by J.R.R Tolkien which I have heard about and after flicking through am absolutely delighted with

I'm sick of the sight of chocolates atm but a mince pie went down nicely this evening with some prosecco.

Comment

Went to the work Christmas do last night. Had a great time, didn't realise how much I needed it!

Comment

Since we both lost the Whampocalyps/ whamaggeddon yesterday I have been watching some old and new Christmas adverts on youtube as our tv aerial has been on the blink.

This advert is adorable. Just watch it. It also reminds me of that bank manager sketch in Big Train
        Last edited by Blobcat; 07-12-2019, 14:43.

Comment

When you've been posting threads so long your can update one as a working pun based on another of your own previous threads

Comment

Sound UP!

Comment

Quality

Comment

Comment

Comment

Took me a while to even spot the last one!

Comment

I had a real nerd parenting day yesterday and really enjoyed it. First victory was introducing my eldest to Red Dwarf and she loved it. Second was a trip into town and I spotted Games Workshop and hadn’t been in for about 100 years and so just went in to take a look. My youngest was like a whole new world opened up to her, full of awe. We stayed for about an hour while she painted a figure, full of concentration, and did a better job than I could do back in the day. She loved it and so we got her a basic set for Christmas. Good nerdy times.

Comment

Taking this long to realise that Leonard from Big Bang Theory is Russ from Christmas Vacation. It's more an irk, but the irk thread has REAL irks these days.

Comment

Sounds like an excellent day Dogg Thang Reminds me of my mum's visit to us in August when she tried the VR headset. She boo-hoo's videogames alot but still supported me in my hobby but still thinks its something children do and is not in touch much about how much of a big business it is (she doesn't even play games on her phone).

She was willing to have a go on VR (at the time PS4 but now we have an Oculus Quest) and she LOVED it and played it most of the evening she was here for when we only planned to have a short go. She has talked about it at her book club, bridge club and all her friends how amazing it was on an experience and a psychological scale. I'm not rushing to get her one but we plan to bring it with us over Christmas if we can.

Comment

Secondary opinion from St Barts in London confirmed that i HAVEN'T got cancer on the lymph glad. Massive relief, may still need preventative Chemo but most likely will be a day thing and optional.

My partner cried she was so happy bless her.

No 16 week Chemo battering woop!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Secondary opinion from St Barts in London confirmed that i HAVEN'T got cancer on the lymph glad. Massive relief, may still need preventative Chemo but most likely will be a day thing and optional.

That's your Christmas box sorted right there and then!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

Great news!

Comment

Working...
                                X