No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've all been meh. This should have ended in 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      They've all been meh. This should have ended in 1983.
      Amen to that.

Star Wars was a product of it's time, a time when there wasn't anything else like it around. Now the market is saturated and the product diluted, it lost it's shine many, many years ago. Saying that though the OT is still fantastic, especially with the Despecialized editions out there.

Comment

Former “Rocky” and “Predator” star Carl Weathers is coming back to screens with a rumored role in the upcoming live-action “Star Wars” TV series “The Mandalorian.” Making Star Wars announced the rumor, saying that Weathers will appear in the Disney+ streaming series in a supporting role though specifics of his part are unclear. Said to […]

Carl Weathers just joined the TV series Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Comment

“Game of Thrones” and “Narcos” star Pedro Pascal has scored the title role in the upcoming first “Star Wars” live-action TV series “The Mandalorian”. Pascal’s name was already rumored as a contender, but he was only one of numerous up for the part at the time. Now he’s been offered the role and negotiations are […]

Game of Thrones actor Pedro Pascal has scored the lead role in Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/pedro-pa...e-mandalorian/

Game of Thrones actor Pedro Pascal has scored the lead role in Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Comment

Episode IX to go the whole hog and completely retcon Lukes demise?

Comment

Neither that article nor the place it gets the leak from say what it was a leak of. A script page? Leaked footage? If it's the latter, it won't have effects on it yet.

Comment

I read something that never crossed my mind, in The Last Jedi, when Luke fades away at the end his robot hand disappears with him.

Megaton - Star Wars robotic creations all go to Silicon Heaven
                  Red Dwarf x Star Wars confirmed!

Comment

Maybe he was never on the island all along. Any retconning would feel incredibly cheap and undermine just about anything they do afterwards. I can't imagine even JJ would do it and my trust in him is pretty low.

Comment

I won’t even be seeing epp9. Objectively horrendous movies 7&8 from start to finish with the worst plots in decades.

Rogue One & Solo on the other hand I liked, Rogue One being my now favourite Star Wars movie by far.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        I won’t even be seeing epp9. Objectively horrendous movies 7&8 from start to finish with the worst plots in decades.

Rogue One & Solo on the other hand I liked, Rogue One being my now favourite Star Wars movie by far.
                        Yup, just watched Rogue one the other night on netflix, and I liked Solo not perfect but a decent watch and its pity it got so much hate because of the trash that was episode 8.

Comment

*Pulls the pin another debate grenade and tosses it into the room*

Last Jedi was better than Solo

*duck and cover!*

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Objectively
                            Is this bit sarcasm...? Or just a misuse of the word? I can't tell.

Anyway, my personal and subjective view is that Solo is to Ep7 what Lego Star Wars is to the original trilogy. Sure, it's a load of fun and good we have it but it's not the real thing.

Seems for almost everyone, Rogue One managed to get the balance spot on.

Comment

I was hopeful to an extent for the spin-offs after Rogue One. I still don't feel the film is that amazing, it's very dry, slow and has some bad casting decisions but the bits that work do work well and given it was the first real spin-off it did a good job of establishing that such projects could work. Solo spoils that work, I can't blame the final product either, it's clear the concept and execution was rotten from the start too.

Comment

Yeah, I agree about Solo. I enjoy the movie but even from announcement it's not something I wanted. And maybe those are my own hangups but I think there are so many possible stories to tell that I didn't want to see a character who already had a complete story and was in 4 films already get a younger and probably worse version of himself. I didn't need it. And even if that's what we were going to get, it felt like the choice of character was wrong - other characters didn't get the complete start to finish arc like Han did and could possibly have had more to offer.

Anyway, it turned out to be enjoyable but didn't give me anything new in the way Rogue One did (I won't argue the main character casting but most cast members I thought were pretty great - it's just it was a plot movie rather than a character movie).

I'll be there for Ep9 anyway but who knows after that. I skipped Solo in the cinema and it could be that Ep9 gives me some nice closure and I can take a break from Star Wars regardless of what comes next.

Comment

Working...
                                X