No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A TV series adaptation of the Capcom video game series “Resident Evil” is in the works at Netflix. Constantin Film, who produced the film series, is behind this TV series which is currently seeking a showrunner. The series will be a Netflix global original and will keep the basic premise as it explores the dark […]

Netflix is working on a TV incarnation of Resident Evil. The new series version is a separate project from the upcoming movie reboot

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflix-...vil-tv-series/

Netflix is working on a TV incarnation of Resident Evil. The new series version is a separate project from the upcoming movie reboot
      ... but it's made by the same company.

Comment

Does anyone find themselves watching less and less these days as there is just so much?

I definitely have. The lack of anyone to talk to about these shows is a problem too. For that, Game of Thrones may be the last of it's kind.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          The lack of anyone to talk to about these shows is a problem too.
          I agree. It seems the shared experience counts for nothing now, making water-cooler moments are a thing of the past. But I see myself as part of the problem too. I cherry pick shows on Netflix and Prime these days. Regular tv is, bar the odd gem, mainly for family viewing in our house ... bit of Saturday night trash and the odd series like Bake Off. Thrones might be the last, as you say ... but I hope it isn't.

Comment

Yup. I hope the Sopranos prequel sparks some of that or True Detective though I only know one guy at work watching that. Thrones has everyone watching.

There are only so many amazing shows people can tell me to watch. I can't keep up so end up watching X Files on Prime

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              I hope the Sopranos prequel sparks some of that
              I'd like to think so, but even then it'll only be a select few who are interested. I thought the recent Twin Peaks series would be massive but I only know two people who watched it.

Comment

I can never understand why services like YouTube/Amazon, when charging for movie rentals, charge £2 for the SD and £3.49 for the HD version.

I get the HD version requires more bandwidth but not to that degree. So far, we've always gone down the SD option because the movies we've watched have been 80s affairs where I suspect the difference (when streaming) is minimal.

Comment

In 2019 SD shouldn't even be an option. Should be 1080 or 4k

Comment

Yep, there is no reason for SD to exist now.

Comment

Agreed, it’s ridiculous that it’s even offered.

Comment

CBS CBS has renewed its Dick Wolf procedural “FBI,” the comedy “The Neighborhood” and the “Magnum P.I.” reboot for second seasons. The orders come as the network already picked up “God Friended Me,” seemingly cancelled “Happy Together” and is undecided at present on “Fam”. [Source: TV Line] Titans Joseph Wilson (aka Jericho) and Rose Wilson […]

Season 2 of Titans will feature the characters Jericho, Ravager and Deathstroke

Comment

I'll never have a TV experience to match Lost.

I used to love chatting about it with different people. Thanks to binge watching, talk of any popular TV programme has me running for the hills for fear of spoilers because some loon has already watched every episode. I can't relax until the hubbub has died down.

And the conversations aren't even worth participating in. These days it's just someone posting "omg White Walkers" and then there's a "yes it was great" comment, usually from their mum.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Thanks to binge watching...
                            Yeah, admittedly, this has probably fuelled my recent increase in viewing of seasonal anime. As it gets simulcast, you only get weekly episodes.

Comment

Walking Dead is like that for me, and there are even some Netflix programmes like The Good Place which were released weekly for a while.

Comment

It doesn’t have a name or pricing plan as yet, but Apple‘s streaming video service could launch as soon as this Easter according to a new report. The Information (via The Verge) reports that Apple has spoken with various studios and networks whose offerings will be available through the service that they have to be […]

No other details yet but Apple's streaming service is said to be looking to launch mid-April

Comment

Working...
                                X