No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we’re all on the same page here. It is very clear that Star Wars needs more action but also needs less action.

Comment

Comment

my review,

Towards the end of the film my ten year old daughter was literately sat on the edge of her seat leaning forward and fully immersed in it, she absolutely loved it. This made the film for me, it wizzed past despite the long run time, it was a great pulppy sci-fi action film and felt massively more together than the last film.

Things i loved

Chewie getting his medal.
        C3PO getting some great lines and being very funny in places.
        Lukes X wing has joined the battle.
        Kylo was the stand out character for me fantastic fight scenes and great dialog the battle with ray aboard the wreck of the death star is brilliant.
        Rose gets confined to base and is in very few scenes.

Last edited by Lebowski; 08-01-2020, 12:23.

Comment

[MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]! Spoilers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]! Spoilers!!!
            sorry random s made the tag not work fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              sorry random s made the tag not work fixed it
              Random bs?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                Random bs?
                SpoilerS

Comment

Rise of Skywalker Pitch meeting. This is pretty funny and what's amazing is that it's fast paced and 8 minutes long and yet still doesn't quite cover all the stupid things in the movie. MAJOR SPOILERS obviously:

Sorry about the hideous screenshot. It's not even in the video. Why would they do that? Why?

Comment

Potential spoiler for Star Wars: Obi Wan

Comment

Great!

Comment

I hope he's turned Sith

Comment

Is the guy on that site for real? It sounds like he wants to be invited to some Star Wars red carpet events in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Rise of Skywalker Pitch meeting. This is pretty funny and what's amazing is that it's fast paced and 8 minutes long and yet still doesn't quite cover all the stupid things in the movie. MAJOR SPOILERS obviously:

Sorry about the hideous screenshot. It's not even in the video. Why would they do that? Why?
                            They've been watching too many Marki Plier videos. That or Rey's been nicking Geralt's doping potions Lol.

Comment

So here's a little look behind the curtain on JJ Abrams from screenwriting resource, Screencraft. This is a good website for writers with a lot of news, info and tips for writers, people in the industry and people looking to get into it. Their recent article features Screenwriting Wisdom From J.J. Abrams. That's got to be interesting, right? https://screencraft.org/2020/01/07/s...om-j-j-abrams/

Let's just open it up and have a look at the first piece of screenwriting wisdom...

“I hate to look at the stuff I’ve written and consider what it means or why I do it.”
                              You don’t have to overanalyze your work. You write what you write because there’s something inside you compelling you to do so. Sometimes it’s best not to search for answers and figure out what makes you tick. Leave it as a mystery — as magic.

Wait, wait? What's that, JJ? Are you serious? No, no, this is all wrong. This is why Star Trek Into Darkness is absolute nonsense. This is why not a lick of Rise of Skywalker makes any sense. Look at your work, you fool! Look at it!

Comment

JJ probably took over writing Axe Cop.

Comment

Working...
                                X