No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In another piece of All The Anime news, they're releasing Millennium Actress on UHD Blu-Ray:

The classic film from Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Paprika) available for the first-time 4K SDR UHD Blu-ray in a gorgeous Collector's Edition set that also includes the film on Blu-ray and more!

Not available to order yet, but unfortunately it's apparently in SDR very unusual for a UHD.

Still might cop though.

Comment

Not All the Anime related but another classic re-release is coming from Manga video -

Wicked City/Demon City twin pack release -

Ordered my one
      There is a non HMV Exclusive one as well for the same price & also a Limited Edition with an extra art book for more pennies

Neil

Comment

Awe that looks so good. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          Awe that looks so good. Thanks for the heads up.
          No problems my good man

Happy to share the love

Neil

Comment

I've got these on VHS

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
              I've got these on VHS
              Pretty sure I do too
              Definitely have Demon City on DVD

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Not All the Anime related but another classic re-release is coming from Manga video -

Wicked City/Demon City twin pack release -

Ordered my one
                There is a non HMV Exclusive one as well for the same price & also a Limited Edition with an extra art book for more pennies

Neil
                Nice one Neil. I love Demon City Shinjuku (got the R1 dvd somewhere) ... might have to pre-order that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Nice one Neil. I love Demon City Shinjuku (got the R1 dvd somewhere) ... might have to pre-order that.
                  No problems buddy
                  Definitely something I've been wanting for a long time & the LE looks great

Hopefully these are the start of a run of re-issues of classic Anime
                  Hoping 3x3 Eyes is picked up for the same treatment soon

Neil

Comment

Discovered golden kamuy from a hillarious compilation video on youtube where they were scoffing the various wildlife, decided to track it down thankfully there was a easy batch release. Watched first 2 episodes so far the characters are interesting and the story looks like it's got some promise, a little bleaker than i usually go for but i'll stick with it. Bleak stuff i usually don't watch i had to drop psycho pass as i found it too hard to watch it's not even remotely feel good, too much messed up stuff happening in that one for me to push through & watch it all. Hopefully golden kamuy doesn't get too grim to finish it all.

Comment

Only watched the first two seasons but it has a good sense of humour, I found it pretty easy to watch. Keep with it!

Comment

I've decided to treat myself to some new manga this month with being stuck in Tier 4 (not that it has changed much except Christmas plans).

I say new, they are omnibus/ 2 in 1 copies of the next xxxholic volume I need and 3x Ranma 1/2 books which is becoming a bit hard to find again so I'm starting to chase some volumes. I chose to get all of Ranma 1/2 a while ago as its a great series I'd like to read all of some day and it's always been available to some degree. Now that I've invested in this particular version I really wanna get the rest!

Comment

I got myself vol16 and 17 of Watamote and a couple more World Trigger volumes (19 to 21) over christmas.

Caught up with what i was watching from the just ended current season, not much to write home about outside of Dragon Quest Dai remake, Magatsu Wahrheit - Zuerst and Akudama Drive, Made in Abyss Film(3rd none recap one) and finally Gundam F'91

Comment

Still waiting for those volumes to arrive so caved and got the first volume of Monster.

Comment

Urasawa’s Monster? My avatar definitely approves.

Comment

YAY log horizion is finally back after been away for so long, think i'm going to have to re watch it all as it's been so long i have forgotten a lot of what was going on. I remember something big was happening regarding the warp gates and the money system.

Enjoying golden kamuy despite it's premise it's actually hillarious in parts, really enjoying it so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X