• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    UK release is due April.
    Ooo, that’ll do nicely

Comment

Saw this over Christmas and forgot to do anything about it, but it just came back into my mind now so thought I'd share to ensure anyone else in a similar position doesn't miss out. Did YOU buy the UK/US 4K UHD release of Akira, only to find it wasn't the HDR version? Well, get in contact with Funimation as per these details and you can get a replacement disc sorted out.

Comment

That's great news for anyone with the Western version

I do find it annoying how often these errors happen though. The recent UHD version of Psycho was missing the mono audio and you similarly had to email off for a replacement, that took weeks to arrive.

RE: the Wong Kar Wai collection, that's exciting stuff. But Novamedia did say they were going to release a 4K boxset in Korea at some point...not sure if I should hold out for that.

Comment

I wonder if this new version of the Akira UHD will be any cheaper?

Comment

I think it's just a disc replacement programme for people who already own it - not a new version that's being released.

Comment

PTA’s brilliant debut on blu-ray for the first time thanks to new boutique label ‘Imprint’

Comment

I've been really tempted by that! Love that film. Quality pick up.

Comment

Comment

I've gotten a few new bits and pieces recently, including some great Xmas gifts, but here are two particularly choice ones I think - Weathering With You and La Haine on UHD.

Both include some nice extras. Weathering With You has got a small book about the making of the film, which I haven't read as I haven't watched it yet, and some stickers and the obligatory art cards.

La Haine includes the original film script, scanned in complete with biro notes throughout. All in French, obviously, so I can't actually read it, but it's kind of cool all the same. And I had to buy it in this edition to get the UHD, so it's a not a bad extra to get as they go. Certainly preferable to art cards!

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                      This guy 4Ks.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        I've been really tempted by that! Love that film. Quality pick up.
                        Yeah, it’s pretty special. Cast are incredible and Reno is just a perfect backdrop.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        I've gotten a few new bits and pieces recently, including some great Xmas gifts, but here are two particularly choice ones I think - Weathering With You and La Haine on UHD.

Both include some nice extras. Weathering With You has got a small book about the making of the film, which I haven't read as I haven't watched it yet, and some stickers and the obligatory art cards.

La Haine includes the original film script, scanned in complete with biro notes throughout. All in French, obviously, so I can't actually read it, but it's kind of cool all the same. And I had to buy it in this edition to get the UHD, so it's a not a bad extra to get as they go. Certainly preferable to art cards!
                        Nice pick-ups. I have the std blu of La Haine ... didn’t know there was a UHD ver

It’s a film that passed me by for years. Looking forward to finally seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                          Nice haul beecee ... the Nolan Bats films look amazing in UHD.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]! Yeah the La Haine UHD was a French-only release - I got it from Amazon.fr. Same master as the BFI 1080 version you've got there I believe.

Comment

Good show that La Haine - saw it on release

Comment

La Haine is a cracking film I certainly wouldn’t mind getting my hands on that UHD version.
                                wakka can you tell us where you got it from?
                                Last edited by CMcK; 11-01-2021, 14:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X