Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For maximum results, start it at 11pm Friday so it finishes on Saturday.

Bad Neighbours

Leaving Netflix this week, and the clip they showed looked great so we checked it out.

It’s wicked. We’ve seen it three times already.

HOOTIE HOO

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Gonna be watching BLADE 2 tonight, for the first time, accompanied by some John Lee bourbon and full-shug Cherry Coke.

Can't wait! A del Toro flick I haven't seen, plus the baddie was in Bros!!! And Wesley kicking vampire arse, of course. How can that even fail???!!!!!!!
      Aaaaaaah, I writhe in the acidic fats of my own idealism, oh how it corrodes and causes blood and agony to thee.

Behold, BEHOLD the most boring, soul-destroying film I've seen in at least three years.

Wrong, I was. So, so wrong. Don't be like me, this is a pure bullet hell of tedium, it's basically suicidal ideation distilled down into the crappest PS2 cutscene ever.

It is of the purest misery and I do not recommend!!!!!!

Comment

PS: forgot to add that the situation dismayed me so much that I deleted BLADE TRINITY off the Sky box as the credits rolled on the above.

Haven't seen THAT, either. And now likely never will!!!!!!

Comment

'Suicidal ideation distilled into a PS2 cutscene' is a hilarious way of describing a film

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            For maximum results, start it at 11pm Friday so it finishes on Saturday.

Bad Neighbours

Leaving Netflix this week, and the clip they showed looked great so we checked it out.

It’s wicked. We’ve seen it three times already.

HOOTIE HOO
            I really enjoyed this movie. It's very funny.

Comment

Comment

Child’s Play 2 - Another day, another horror sequel. Needless, by the numbers, a bit rubbish ... yes, yes and yes. Good daft popcorn horror to switch off for 90 mins. Yes again. Looks like I’m on board for the series.

Comment

^been a bit outta touch with movies, I'm assuming you're talking about the originals, they haven't got around to doing a sequel to a reboot or summat??? Soz, out of touch with most modern culture these days!!!

As for moi, gonna be watching the BRIGHTON ROCK remake tonite. Hoping it wipes away the taste of the abysmal BLADE 2.

However, this time around I shall be making zero presumptions. Expect a review in about ten hours.

Comment

Nobody - there's no escaping that this is John Wick through and through, slightly lighter touch. Bob Odenkirk is good and this starts well but in the end the body count gets too high and there's nothing you don't already know.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      ^been a bit outta touch with movies, I'm assuming you're talking about the originals, they haven't got around to doing a sequel to a reboot or summat??? Soz, out of touch with most modern culture these days!!!
                      Yes, the originals. I only saw the first for the first time last year ... so now I've seen the first two. One thing I love about them is the doll models and animation ... something I expect the modern ones won't be doing.

Comment

^aw, sound, I was just thinking I'd lost touch with nerdoid reality SO much, I'd missed out on everything.

I've been slack. Have to 'fess up, here.

ANYWAY...I watched the BRIGHTON ROCK remake. I misjudged, again.

One word and that word is "booooooooooorrring".

It's horrendous, it showed virtually nothing of the seaside and FELT (to me) like it was a scene-for-scene remake of a *much* more passionate film.

It gave me that vibe. And Pinky has baby hands and baby arms, he's about as intimidating as a Kinder Bueno in the sunshine.

Nah, I reckon the Dickie Attenborough orig is where it's at. I haven't seen it but I can *tell*.

There's even a shot of Brighton pier in this that reminds me of the GEARS OF WAR 1 remake on XB1. It's soooo off. The seaside always looks CGI-augmented. It just kills the atmos.

I couldn't engage at ALL with this. And it made me sad. Roll on when I finally get to tape the Dickie Attenborough orig!!!!!

Comment

Seriously, I'm trying to be proper helpful here when I say to avoid that dull-arse, 1hr 49m's worth of tedium.

You can't get that back. Respect my suffering and don't ever try it yourself!!!

Comment

(Nutshell? It had no soul. And baby arms and hands. It's a eunuch, people.)

Comment

JF timestamp checks out.

I saw this:

Comment

Wow, I love Hard Boiled. Can't believe all those heroic bloodshed movies aren't dominating some boutique blu-ray label's catalogue. I heard a rumour a lot of the source material is no longer available but I'm not 100% on that. there must be a reason these films have been off the radar for so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X