Gaming (ish) keyboard recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming (ish) keyboard recommendations?

Hi yah, snapped one of the switches off my keyboard, I've had it for 5 years or so, time for a newey one thinks. For reference my current one is an i-Rocks K10 which has suited me fine.

I do game on my PC, sometimes. Not a hard-core nerd just the odd round of battlefield so light gaming and media making/consumption the keys. Not looking to blow 200 quid but happy to shell out for something decent. Cheers.
    Last edited by Baseley09; 27-04-2021, 18:40.

Don't buy a Logitech G53 Carbon Linear. I used to praise it, but now it''s beginning to play up just outsde of the 2-year warranty window. Missed inputs, doublle inpputs, etc.

This message has been typed in one pass, so you can see what 'm talking about. It's losing me so much work time considering I spend at least seven hours a day writing code.

I'm going for a Drop Alt next. $180 USD, though. Not cheap.

Comment

I'd look no further than a Filco Majestouch 2.

Comment

I’ve had the Logitech G810 since 2017 and bar a key being broken off by my nephew has been faultless in a dusty environment down my factory. Though my actual usage isn’t heavy like Daves.

I couldn’t see me ever parting with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I'd look no further than a Filco Majestouch 2.
          This does like the business. Struggled to find something that doesn't light up like a Christmas tree.

Comment

Honestly, I know it's boring... But I've been using this for years now:

Both at the office and at home. They're just indestructible, and even if they ever did break, they cost peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              This does like the business. Struggled to find something that doesn't light up like a Christmas tree.
              I used one for many years before an unfortunate accident involving a ramen noodle cup... I should imagine they'd last a lifetime if not treated as such.

I've been using some crap MSI keyboard for around 3 years now that I got as a replacement for the Filco. Only bought it because of the price but it's holding up well. Sadly is a Christmas light board but at least that nonsense can be disabled.

Comment

Here's what I used for all of my competitive gaming back in the day:

I'm going to get another.

Comment

My son is super pleased with his Royal Kludge
                  Only US$54.99, buy best Royal Kludge RK61 Mechanical Keyboard is a 61-key bluetooth 5.0 and wired dual mode RGB gaming keyboard. It features a compact design, durable construction, and customizable lighting effects. Get the perfect gaming experience with this mechanical keyboard! sale online store at wholesale price.

I'm still using an IBM SK-8805 I've had for longer than he has been born.
                  Last edited by charlesr; 27-04-2021, 22:05.

Comment

Used to have the simpler version of that IBM board.

Pretty good board. Despite all the mech hype these days I find I'm quite comfortable with any keyboard that has full keys and a proper ISO layout.

Comment

I use a TenKeyLess Corsair K63. Feels good. Bit noisy (Cherry Red) but the best thing is you can pull the keys off easily using just your fingers so it's really easy to give it a good clean. You can have the backlighting off but even on minimum it's a bit too bright I think. If you use the Corsair software you can dim it right down though. Has a lock button to lock out the Windows key which can be handy. Overall I recommend.

Comment

I'm not into the RGB thing but I did get lured over to the mech side recently. I think the Keychron boards look really nice personally, and there's a good range of sizes depending on how much you want your F-keys vs how much desk space you want. Case in point, the K8 is more on the spacious side. I went with the K6 and got a set of custom keycaps which I'm really happy with.

There are a tonne of lighting settings, but crucially there is the option to just turn them all off and never look back.

Comment

Show off

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Show off
                            Tjat's easu fpr ypi tp sau!

Comment

See I couldn't deal with that, need F keys for MMOs! 80%/TKL is the smallest I would go.

Comment

Working...
                              X