No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filmmaker James Wan has confirmed that despite the promising box-office estimates, the success of the film in China and the strong reviews, he has not been signed up for a sequel to the DC Comics adaptation “Aquaman”. Wan tells Variety: “This is my only one that I’ve signed up to do. We’ll see. Let’s not […]

Wan isn't signed on for Aquaman 2 but that really shouldn't be that much of a surprise, he's very heavily in WB's good books anyway and they've always seemed happy to let him pick his next project rather than pin him to one thing.

Comment

Aquaman
      I have a lot of time for Wan (The Chosen Wan), here he takes what is basically a character few would have interest in and builds a convincing world around him. I've seen comments on Era pointing to how limited Momoa and Heard are in their roles which isn't necessarily wrong but it's important to consider the baggage Wan had to consider with this film coming off Justice League and so that the elements that were carried over are the ones in question is probably you're best indicator as to how successful this is. Now, I wouldn't say this is going to go down as my favourite superhero movie or anything like that but what the film feels like is that we've had a self-contained bubble of 5 DCU movies and Aquaman is the first real step beyond them, carrying over some of the existing tone but beginning a dial to lightness that Shazam looks very likely to carry forward next. There's a lot of world building for the future and whilst not all the CG looks amazing it's probably unavoidable given how much of the film necessitates it.

Comment

Filming begins this week on the DC Comics adaptation “Birds of Prey (and the Fabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)” film and now photos of Margot Robbie on the set prepping for filming have gone online. The Aussie actress was spotted skating around on a pair of roller-skates as part of her training regime, though […]

Filming is set to begin this week on Birds of Prey and the first images of Margot Robbie prepping to return as Harley Quinn have surfaced

Comment

With ‘Birds of Prey’ already in production, Warner Bros is considering what to do next with the Clown Princess Of Crime. The GWW is hearing, but cannot confirm, that WB is pursuing a ‘Harley Quinn’ trilogy that consists of ‘Birds of Prey’, ‘Gotham City Sirens’, and ‘Birds of Prey v Gotham City Sirens’ with Harley […]

If Birds of Prey proves a hit, Warners is rumoured to be aiming to have Harley Quinn lead Gotham City Sirens which would then lead into a trilogy closer with Birds of Prey v Gotham City Sirens

Comment

I’d say that’s one big if but somehow people keep going to these movies and it’s DC movies and mindless YouTubers that have me feeling completely out of touch with the world as I grow older.

Comment

I've been watching Titans on Netflix, aaaaaaaaaaaaand, its really good, well worth binging. I'm only half way through and are fully down for a new series already.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-01-2019, 09:22.

Comment

Yeah, Titans was solid stuff. DC definitely have a stronger edge with their TV output vs Marvel who then have the edge when it comes to the movie side of things. They slowly seem to be turning a corner with the films but they should hold being overly ambitious with their plans still

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Yeah, Titans was solid stuff. DC definitely have a stronger edge with their TV output vs Marvel who then have the edge when it comes to the movie side of things. They slowly seem to be turning a corner with the films but they should hold being overly ambitious with their plans still
                  I think because Titans was done by Netflix it seems to have a very solid and consistent feel, plus solid performances for the actors. It very much feels like one of the Netflix marvel teams produced this, no bad thing whatsoever.

Comment

Here's the kicker, Netflix only paid to have the show on its service internationally, they weren't involved in its creation. That was all on DC and was their very first effort for their US based DCU streaming service. The next show Doom Patrol is out in April so should be worth looking forward to

Comment

Filmmaker Patty Jenkins isn’t lying around when it comes to the superhero franchise she helped launch. In an interview with Vanity Fair regarding the noir limited series “I Am The Night” which she created, Jenkins has revealed she has already started thinking about the third entry in the “Wonder Woman” franchise: “I have pretty clear […]

Patty Jenkins says she already has an idea for Wonder Woman 3 whilst one of the Warner Bros bosses says after the first WW movie and Aquaman they now have a clearer idea on how to move forward and will be leaning a lot less on the shared universe angle

Comment

Here's the kicker, Netflix only paid to have the show on its service internationally, they weren't involved in its creation. That was all on DC and was their very first effort for their US based DCU streaming service. The next show Doom Patrol is out in April so should be worth looking forward to
                        Well it certainly had that solid Netflix production feel for sure. I finished the series last night and am fully down for a new one, looking forward to it.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-01-2019, 19:14.

Comment

Yep, really well made and after the trailer creating a bit of concern about the tone, they nailed it

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures is reportedly trying to get director James Wan back for the inevitable sequel to “Aquaman” following the film’s billion-dollar success at the global box-office over the past month or so. The film, which is poised to supplant “The Dark Knight Rises” as the top-grossing film in the DC Universe, is closing in […]

James Wan is to oversee the development of Aquaman 2 but will wait on the final script to decide on whether to direct it himself as is his WANt

Comment

First image of Harley from Birds of Prey

Comment

http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-wa...aman-2-script/

James Wan is to oversee the development of Aquaman 2 but will wait on the final script to decide on whether to direct it himself as is his WANt
                                That's a fair enough stance. He might feel like they threw everything at the wall with the original and the sequel will have to be something special on paper if he's going to get involved again.

Comment

Working...
                                X