No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first “Wonder Woman” film was set during the first World War, the upcoming second one moves things up to 1984, now filmmaker Patty Jenkins has confirmed that should Diana Prince get a third solo outing on the big screen, it’s dropping the historical element and going to stick to her character in contemporary times. […]

Pine says he wouldn't expect to be in Wonder Woman 3, whilst Jenkins says that if the film happens with her it will be set in the present day

And also, a character teaser for Birds of Prey is out

Comment

Warner Bros have finally begun to cement their plans for their 2021 DCU line up with the following reveals:

Warner Bros. Pictures has marked out several key release dates for upcoming tentpoles with three projects based on DC Comics properties all given 2021 release dates. The first is the newly announced “DC Super Pets” which Jared Stern and Sam Levine will helm. That project deals with the pets of a number of DC superheroes […]

http://www.darkhorizons.com/matt-ree...man-noir-tone/
      http://www.darkhorizons.com/gunn-in-...suicide-squad/

They have confirmed that Matt Reeve's The Batman will release on 25 June 2021 and that Ben Affleck will not be returning as the dark knight. According to Matt Reeves the new Batman movie will adopt a noir tone and will be heavily focused on showing Batman as a detective skills led character, showing him track down criminals and solving crimes by sleuthing much more than past movies have. He says the film will contain multiple villains and that Warners haven't been that bothered about it tying in with DCU events.

Also confirmed is that on 06 August 2021 they will release Suicide Squad 2. Viewers dismissive of the first film may want to maintain interest if they like the Guardians films however as James Gunn will be likely writing and directing the next entry. The sequel is said to be something of a retool and a relaunch with mostly new characters and very much led by Gunn's direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        According to Matt Reeves the new Batman movie will adopt a noir tone and will be heavily focused on showing Batman as a detective skills led character, showing him track down criminals and solving crimes by sleuthing much more than past movies have.
        I've been waiting for this for ages.
        It's always been about the gadgets and punching people.
        I don't think shaking people and growling "Where is she/he/they/it?!" classes as being a detective.
        The movies never played on the "World's Greatest Detective" angle.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 31-01-2019, 12:57. Reason: Bonus meme

Comment

Do they even do that in the comics? Aside from him running things through a fancy computer, I have never seen Batman do much more than punch people and swing around the place. I've never seen him match Columbo or Poirot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Do they even do that in the comics? Aside from him running things through a fancy computer, I have never seen Batman do much more than punch people and swing around the place. I've never seen him match Columbo or Poirot.
            GRUFF VOICE: "AND ONE MORE THING, YOU MAY BE WONDERING WHY I'VE GATHERED YOU ALL HERE."

I liked the Hush storyline (and artwork) and he does a fair bit of sleuthing in The Long Halloween.

Comment

I haven't read any of those. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Earlier this week came word that former “Guardians of the Galaxy” writer/director James Gunn had been set to direct “The Suicide Squad,” a part-sequel and part-reboot of the 2016 DC Comics film at Warner Bros. Pictures. Now, THR adds that Warners initially approached Gunn to offer him his pick of DC properties, including the possibility […]

As much as Suicide Squad 2 seems an obvious film for James Gunn he was apparently given free reign to choose his project including Man of Steel 2. The film still isn't moving in a meaningful way but it suggests Warners remains open to the idea.

Comment

Henry Cavill’s future in the role of Superman looks to be over… or is it? A new report from Revenge of the Fans has indicated that the studio has been wanting to proceed with a “Man of Steel” sequel. However Cavill, having played the role three times and been mocked heavily for the CG work […]

A new report says that Warners are ready to move ahead with Man of Steel 2 but negotiations are holding it up at the moment with Cavill wanting greater involvement in the approval of the script and director (understandable given the response to BvS and JL). Cavill's rep says the report of Cavill's demands is inaccurate

Comment

Warner Bros. has hired Noah Gardner, Aidan Fitzgerald to pen an 'Aquaman' spinoff centered on the deadly amphibious creatures, the Trench.

Looks like DC are going more diverse with its offerings. Rumour is they're developing a spin-off from Aquaman called Trench that will be a lower budgeted horror toned film

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I liked the Hush storyline (and artwork) and he does a fair bit of sleuthing in The Long Halloween.
                      I recently read The Long Halloween and Dark Victory, both being very good ... I have Hush but haven't got round to reading yet.

Watching Gotham (young Batman being very much the detective so far in this) has got me right in the mood though
                      Last edited by Atticus; 09-02-2019, 07:52.

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures has set “Aquaman” screenwriter David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick to pen a treatment for the sequel. Will Beall and Johnson-McGoldrick co-wrote the first film from a story by Beall, Geoff Johns, and James Wan. Johnson-McGoldrick previously worked on AMC’s “The Walking Dead” and “The Conjuring 2”. Wan is reportedly making his own deal to […]

The screenwriter of the first film has been hired to return to pen Aquaman 2

Comment

A very long feature piece in Forbes this morning has taken on and shot down many of the rumors swirling about DC Films titles in recent weeks. The biggest reveal in the piece is that Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn character, which she’s reprising in the currently shooting “Birds of Prey,” will very likely NOT be […]

It's looking like plans for the many projects involving Harley Quinn are narrowing down now. The character will reportedly no longer appear in Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2 or Batgirl and also the Harley & The Joker movie has been cancelled

Comment

When Ben Affleck wished Matt Reeves the best of luck with his “The Batman” film a few weeks ago, it was clear he was effectively retiring from the role which he’d played across three films. Yet because it wasn’t a straight and outright “I’m no longer Batman” quote from either Affleck or the studio, there […]

A huge shame but Affleck finally confirms he is no longer playing Batman

Comment

Last week came a report that Margot Robbie‘s Harley Quinn character would not be returning for James Gunn’s in the works “The Suicide Squad” with that film serving as something of a minor reboot as much as a sequel to 2016’s “Suicide Squad” in which Robbie debuted as the character. Robbie is currently reprising the […]

Now it seems as though Harley may still appear in Suicide Squad 2

Comment

Filming on the third “Fantastic Beasts” film has been delayed, and with that it almost certainly means the long in the works “The Flash” movie starring Ezra Miller has also been pushed back. The actor has played the role twice now, mostly in “Justice League,” but attempts to get a standalone film off the ground […]

Ezra Miller says we should see movement on Flashpoint soon. He also confirms that the film will aim to rapidly expand the Flash corner of the DCU by including multiple speedsters, the film focused on showing how the DCU is a multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X