Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Yep, that price tag is definitely going to ramp up quickly once Game Pass gets a foothold.
    I'm not so sure it will - there may well be more mileage in having the member numbers in Game Pass and then upselling from within it. Microsoft have said that they've seen an increased engagement on Xbox for those with a Game Pass membership, including increasing their time with titles outside of it - increasing that price too much will see plenty of people dumping the service fast.

Comment

Long may the borderline free service reign then

Comment

With these April 2019 titles, Sony is really spoiling us - For the players.

Conan Exiles
        The Surge

(No they're not and they've really reduce the value offering for PS+ after having increased the price)

Comment

I'm semi interested in the Surge. Having said that it will probably sit in my library untouched for yonks. I'm still baffled as to why no VR titles now that the PS3 and Vita games are no more.

Comment

Played Conan on PC, it was pretty good. Not balanced for solo play though, if you try take on some of the bosses on your own it will take forever.

Comment

My PSN+ expires next month and I'm going to let it, service offers nothing of value anymore and all the exclusives are SP stuff so might as well save £50 a year

Comment

Yeah, I'm not playing any of the "free" games and I've not played online since Monster Hunter: World.

Only Iron Rain is making me consider staying, but even then, I'm not sold yet.

The "free" games are only available if you have PS+, unlike MS, so it's even less good value, comparatively, considering they let you keep them, are still doing 360 and OGXB games and making them work on the One.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  The "free" games are only available if you have PS+, unlike MS, so it's even less good value, comparatively, considering they let you keep them, are still doing 360 and OGXB games and making them work on the One.
                  Xbox One Games with Gold games don't remain in your collection if you cancel, only the Xbox360 ones (not sure about the Xbox Originals), but yeah, Sony have very much weakened their PS+ value.

If you lapse PS+ and then resubscribe later, all the previously claimed titles are available on your account again.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 28-03-2019, 10:55.

Comment

Thanks, Marty.

I didn't know about the One games. That's disappointing.

Like Sony adding the need for PS+ to play online, it's those little moves that are slowly eroding away our consumer rights.

Comment

Probably like most of this forum, I regard the mandatory online fees as 'snake oil'. I try to keep the cost down by buying when on offer or using Microsoft Rewards to extend Live. That said if you don't play multiplayer games, Game Pass and PS Now probably both represent MUCH better value but unfortunately neither includes the premium features of PS+ or Gold (i.e. Cloud saves etc.) - not that those are much benefit either.

Comment

I don’t mind paying it personally. If I had to run huge amounts of servers all iver the world for all this stuff like Sony & MS I’d offset the costs with a sub as well.

Every single one of us would, you’d have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          I don’t mind paying it personally. If I had to run huge amounts of servers all iver the world for all this stuff like Sony & MS I’d offset the costs with a sub as well.

Fair enough. I think the cost of matchmaking and content servers is paid for from the massive profits they make from online digital sales alone. How much of that money do third-parties see, when you potentially spend most of your time on their servers.

I regard the PS Plus and Live Gold as a tax, where as I am genuinely fine paying for services like Game Pass, TESO or Humble Bundle as I think they offer value for money.

Personally I'd like to see their just be one subscription with the benefits of Game Pass/PS Now merged with Gold/Plus premium features and everyone allowed to play online for free. Not going to happen because the current mandating online fees is near pure profit for the platform holders.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 28-03-2019, 15:21.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

They don't charge for PS+ and Gold to pay for the server, they charge for it because they can get away with it.

Comment

I don't really think PS+ and Gold are that poor in terms of value. They're about ~£3 per month, each, if you buy an annual pass. Yeah, it would be nice if it were free, but I don't really think it's a big time ripoff or anything. I get plenty of playtime out of the included games.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                They don't charge for PS+ and Gold to pay for the server, they charge for it because they can get away with it.
                                Sorry Marty but if any one of us were running that devision we’d charge exactly the same, maybe more.

All those servers aren’t free to run and maintain, really don’t understand how others don’t get that.

Comment

Working...
                                X