No announcement yet.

R-Type Final 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granzella should have all of Irem's portofolio now, but Leo was developed by a third party now part of Eizo, and maybe they aren't particularly keen of selling the rights for whatever reason. Or the source code was lost. A collection of all R-Type games uncluding spin-off titles like Gallop would be great.

Comment

I’ve just realised that the Master System is the only Sega system to receive any sort of R-Type game… what on earth did they do to upset Irem?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        AND STILL R-Type LEO is overlooked for a home port.
        If they did finally release it for a home console, it should either be titled:

R-Type Leo: Finally Here

or

R-Type Leo: About Time

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        I’ve just realised that the Master System is the only Sega system to receive any sort of R-Type game… what on earth did they do to upset Irem?
        Yeah, it's very strange that a machine with such a rich library of great shoot 'em ups didn't receive an R-Type game. I guess someone at Irem didn't like the Mega Drive. But then again -- it was very good hardware for shooters.

A mockup from someone who obviously wished an R-Type game had been released for the Mega Drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          AND STILL R-Type LEO is overlooked for a home port.

No doubt that’s going to be the R-Type game on the new Intellivision.

Comment

Wow. A new Bill & Ted movie, too, and another Shenmue. Shaping up to be a good year for us old bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Shaping up to be a good year for us old bastards.

Still a few more decades before we'll have to swim with cocoons.

Comment

Ha. Superb.

Hope we get a remaster of the first along with it. I never gave it enough time on release, I hardly played it but I remember I wasn't in a great place at the time and my mind wasn't on gaming. I still have my minty-mint original from when it first came out. Sadly, smoke-yellowed cover, kept it on a high, exposed shelf. I would appreciate it more much now. Come on...remaster...

Comment

Oh come on Granzella...
                  Granzella Inc. (Kanazawa City, Ishikawa) is going to launch a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign to release a new title “R-Type Final 2”.

A Kickstarter for R-Type Final 2 will begin on June 3rd at 3PM UTC. Platforms will be PS4, PC (Steam), Switch, and X Box One. Goals unknown, will probably be presented when the cowdfunding campaing starts.
                  Sigh.
                  I mean, is this really the only way for them to fund the project?

Comment

Campaign will LAUNCH????!! Has no game even been made???

**** this.

There is nothing here. It is just an idea.

This is a waste of my time, your time, my written text, your written text...and I mean 'text' like actual written English.

This won't happen

Comment

I think the crowdfunding campaign is more to gauge interest in the game rather than raising the money to develop it. Hopefully they offer physical versions where possible

Comment

I've still got suspicions of this originally being an April fools joke that just turned into "oh, maybe we *should* do this?" when they saw the response. I'll likely back the Kickstarter, but with no expectations to see the finished thing any time before 2021.

Comment

The Kickstarter is live. I’ve pledged for a digital copy. The physical edition has a ¥3000 postage cost attached! That’s over £20.

Sitting at about 30% funded. Only open for a week.

Comment

December 2020 though. That’s PS5 territory. Will anybody care by then?
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

A week seems a insanely short period of time though, cannot remember seeing many that short

Comment

Past the 50% mark. I doubt it will reach many, if any, of the stretch goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X