X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you think you've finally beat a boss and it kicks into phase 2

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I just feel they'll either (a) never finish it or (b) finish it, but only by making the absolute central spine of the story. Neither of these are good outcomes IMO.
      Yup. I just don’t see a satisfactory outcome for fans of this remake at all. Start it on PS4, start it all over again on PS5, maybe finish it when the other parts are glacially trickled out.

Im out, ridiculous situation.

Comment

Played BOTW for the first time since November. Had a grand time exploring around Death Mountain. Wish I had nore time to dedicate to it.
        And that is my irk.

Comment

Each back arrow on that map teleports you out of the room. There is no way to uncover that top right square. It's like being unable to fully uncover fog of war in RTS games

Comment

Why is it every time I have to sign in to PSN I have to reset my password?! I try every combination I can think of. Just what the hell am I setting my password to?

Comment

I recommend using a password manager like 1Password or LastPass. I wouldn’t be without one now, password management is just a nightmare otherwise. Plus you end up using variations on the same memorable passwords instead of unique randomly generated ones, which is much less secure.

Comment

All this time I've been saying how I love a game of "Pie Cross", and then I see a video about Picross on YouTube and they say "Pic Cross". Even though it makes more sense lol, I'm sticking with Pie Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  I recommend using a password manager like 1Password or LastPass. I wouldn’t be without one now, password management is just a nightmare otherwise. Plus you end up using variations on the same memorable passwords instead of unique randomly generated ones, which is much less secure.
                  How do those services even work? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    How do those services even work? I don't get it.
                    I downloaded it on the back of this advice. It looks like it acts as both a password repository, and it also auto signs you in if you want. Obviously it only auto signs in the device the app is on, so in my case it will auto log in PSN when I access the site from my phone. But it also means when I go to log in on my ps4 I can check to see what my password is on my phone app first.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I downloaded it on the back of this advice. It looks like it acts as both a password repository, and it also auto signs you in if you want. Obviously it only auto signs in the device the app is on, so in my case it will auto log in PSN when I access the site from my phone. But it also means when I go to log in on my ps4 I can check to see what my password is on my phone app first.
                      That latter bit is the part I've never understood. Like I get why these services are secure, but I assumed they're also going to prevent you logging into things when you're not on your home computer, which seems like a problem.

Comment

Yes, it’s a vault of all your passwords. I use 1Password. You have to authenticate each new device you use it on with a special randomly generated ‘key’ (effectively a long password) which never changes, and then once authenticated you go to the app and use a single self-devised password to log on (or Touch ID or Face ID on devices which support those).

Once inside you have a searchable repository of all your passwords, where you can keep them organised. Each time I have to make a new user account for a website, it will randomly generate a secure password and save it.

EDIT: [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION], if you are not on your home computer, you just check what the password is via the app on your phone. If it’s something like a game console that you’re using, you then type it in manually on there. If you don’t have any access to your computer or your phone then, yeah, you are SOL. I’ve been using 1Password for about 6 years now for literally everything except my bank (I have that memorised instead), and I’ve never had that problem though.

Honestly, using one is a god send in terms of convenience, and the peace of mind that all of your passwords are long, unique strings of letters/numbers/symbols is terrific.
                        Last edited by wakka; 17-04-2020, 09:52.

Comment

Also, you can probably access 1Password using your console’s web browser in a pinch

Comment

When level designers put the character in front of an in game object thats so laughably small even a child could step over, or a gap big enough a 50 stone man could walk through, yet the big slim character can’t.

This is just lazy design in this day and age.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-04-2020, 05:52.

Comment

If I remember correctly, they entered a deadly sewer in The Last Of Us to avoid walking through some bushes.

Comment

Lol, yes, this is a great irk. A deep cut, but one that sticks in my memory is the indefatigable 1 foot high sandbags in Operation Winback.

Comment

Working...
                                X