No announcement yet.

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS All Access has announced an October 15th premiere date for the third season of their big budget sci-fi series “Star Trek: Discovery”. The date means the new episodes arrive a full eighteen months after the second season finale in April last year. The new season will see the crew having jumped 930 years into […]

Star Trek: Discovery Season 03 will start on 15 October 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Trailer for Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 01 out 06 August
      I've seen the first episode.

Please, somebody burn it with fire - it's like a really really bad Family Guy in space with worse animation and a badly written script.

Why does this even exist as a thing?

I just don't get it - the initial concept had loads of potential so for it to end up as a "comedy animation", what the hell happened? Is this a result of some skewed focus group or the pet project of a producer's son? Who is the target audience, because it isn't Trek fans, or kids, or anime, or adult cartoon fans. Terrible on every single level.
      Last edited by MartyG; 06-08-2020, 10:10.

Comment

Is it on any of the services here? Curious to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          If you search on Daily Motion you'll find it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            If you search on Daily Motion you'll find it.
            Cool, thanks.

Edit: It lost me even before the opening sequence. I watched a bit more but it seems absolutely generic, so predictable and Trek only being used to chuck references in there, like, fans you guys know these things, right?! I might watch a couple of episodes when it hits one of my usual services but it made a very poor first impression.
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 06-08-2020, 11:20.

Comment

Miss it and you may miss something that turns out to be important though - it's all official canon remember!

Comment

Miss it and you may miss something that turns out to be important though - it's all official canon remember!
                Nothing of any importance is ever going to happen in that series. Ever.

There was an episode in season 7 of TNG about the lower decks (in fact I think it was called Lower Decks); when I heard about this series eons ago, I thought that was the sort of thing that was going to come out of it, only expanding on the idea of what goes on with all the new ensigns. I don't remember a replicator spewing out endless bananas for no reason in that episode.

I just hope they're not planning on making a comedy Trek series out of TNG S01E08.
                Last edited by MartyG; 06-08-2020, 12:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  No.

I think it's because our CBS stuff goes on the UK Netflix - but Netflix hard-passed on funding the show, so it might a bit weird contractually.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I think it's because our CBS stuff goes on the UK Netflix - but Netflix hard-passed on funding the show, so it might a bit weird contractually.
                    I don't think CBS is in bed with any particular streaming service. Picard went to Amazon, Discovery went to Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      I don't think CBS is in bed with any particular streaming service. Picard went to Amazon, Discovery went to Netflix.
                      Ah yeah, good point, I forgot about Picard! Now I think about it, the Trek movies were on Amazon briefly too.

Comment

Paramount Pictures’s new motion picture group president Emma Watts is reportedly re-assessing her film slate – and that includes the three “Star Trek” film projects in development. Three potential ‘Trek’ films were in the works – one with a story by Quentin Tarantino, one that would continue the Abrams-universe films and see Chris Pine reunite […]

The new head of Paramounts movie arm has reportedly benched all three Star Trek movie projects to reassess what to do with with the film incarnations of the franchise.

Comment

In the wake of yesterday’s report about all three new “Star Trek” films in development being on indefinite hold until Paramount Pictures decides which one to proceed with, more details about one of them has emerged. Specifically the R-rated pitch by filmmaker Quentin Tarantino who came up with and developed a story idea that “The […]

Reportedly Tarantino's stalled Star Trek movie would have been a 1930's set Gangster movie lifting its premise from an original series second season episode, thereby keeping the budget economical.

Comment

Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston will reprise his role of the Ninth Doctor in a brand new “Doctor Who” audio series next year, returning 15 years later to a character he loved but a series he had major issues with at the time of the show’s production – resulting in him steadfastly refusing to revisit the […]

Star Trek: Prodigy now has a director and co-Executive producer, the new animated show will launch on Nickelodeon in 2021

Comment

https://www.darkhorizons.com/taranti...l-of-mobsters/
                              Reportedly Tarantino's stalled Star Trek movie would have been a 1930's set Gangster movie lifting its premise from an original series second season episode, thereby keeping the budget economical.
                              A Peice of the Action - it's a classic ToS episode.

Comment

CBS All Access is hosting a 'Star Trek Day' virtual celebration, with stars from nine 'Trek' series reuniting for panel discussions.

CBS All Access will be hosting a digital event on 08 September in which they will reunite nine Star Trek casts. It will be notable because one of the panels is also on the new show Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Comment

Working...
                                X