No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 things Microsoft have got right from the start ahead of Sony, is that I have moved all games not series x enhanced to a USB to play them straight from there , auto HDR is some form of black magic , and also Varible refresh rate is you have a 2020 HDMI 2.1 display.

apart from auto HDR , I’m sure within a month Sony will have the other 2 , the fact you can’t move games to a USB is a huge issue with 100gb games theses days. I don’t understand Sony on that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
      I can’t share games across multiple accounts on the PS5 like I could on the PS4, anybody know how to get around this?

My primary account is a US account but I have a UK and Japan account I have bought games on in the past but would rather play them all on my primary account.
      Has anyone found a solution to this? My primary account is a UK one, but living in the US any discs I buy need download content from the US store, which I would then use on the UK account. Not being able to do this will be a real PITA

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
        3 things Microsoft have got right from the start ahead of Sony, is that I have moved all games not series x enhanced to a USB to play them straight from there , auto HDR is some form of black magic , and also Varible refresh rate is you have a 2020 HDMI 2.1 display.

apart from auto HDR , I’m sure within a month Sony will have the other 2 , the fact you can’t move games to a USB is a huge issue with 100gb games theses days. I don’t understand Sony on that at all.
        I think that was because loading times would take longer compared to the SUPERFAST SSD.
        That is assuming your games actually install properly *ducks*

Comment

Just got Dirt 5 online at Smyths for £34.99

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
            Been playing WRC 9 for an hour or so today since it’s 50% off in the PS Store. I suck at it, but fun to «feel» the gravel and all the bushes I crash into through the dualsense controller.
            Would you recommend getting this while its on sale? Don't suppose you know how it compares to Dirt 5 do you?

Comment

People still got the new console tingles or has it waned like a new iPhone copying apps and feeling like your last iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                Would you recommend getting this while its on sale? Don't suppose you know how it compares to Dirt 5 do you?
                Wondering about this myself. WRC9 doesnt seem to have had as much coverage as Dirt 5 for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  People still got the new console tingles or has it waned like a new iPhone copying apps and feeling like your last iPhone?
                  Still exciting, but only because of Demon's Souls. It's easily one of the best launch titles ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                    Still exciting, but only because of Demon's Souls. It's easily one of the best launch titles ever.
                    I did find myself looking if the PS4 version was in the sales!

Comment

When it works it's a fantastic bit of kit!

Astro's Playroom is up there with the greatest pack-in titles ever and comes dangerously close to spilling Mario's pint at times.

Spidey is a strong pseudo-sequel to the 2018 PS4 game.

Demon's Souls is, well, yeah...

Sackboy is the real surprise. Just an absolutely joyful piece of platforming entertainment. Looks, sounds and plays like a dream. I bought it on a whim after the boy liked the trailer. It's in my top five games released this year, I reckon!! It's that good.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        For anybody who hasn't bought either. Dirt 5 is £34.99 at Smyths. Obviously not done the business.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          For me at least, it does feel like a proper generational shift, rather than an iPhone upgrade.

Yesterday I was playing Astro's Playroom and chatting with a mate through the built in speaker/mic on the pad - he had my screen up in picture-in-picture, and I had his while he played Demon's Souls. That's such a cool feature, and feels like a massive step up over the cumbersome messaging system (not to mention requirement for a headset to chat) on the PS4.

I never bothered with any of that stuff on the PS4 really, but now it's so easy to start chatting with a mate online and share screens with each other. I can definitely see myself using this more.

On top of that, I've never owned a machine capable of displaying 4K before. So I'm pretty amazed by just how big the leap is over the ~900p my Xbox One S was pushing. Everything looks much, much sharper and richer.

And then, finally, you've got the pad's new rumble and pressure triggers. I've only played through Astro so far, which obviously is a showcase for these features so does present them in the best possible light, but I think they're terrific. A big big step forward over the DS4. I really hope Xbox update their pad to adopt the same features, as I would love these to be incorporated into all games as standard.

So yeah, for me it does feel really new in all sorts of ways. More so than I actually thought it would, which is nice.

Comment

Still have the excitement, just need something current gen to play on it! Miles Morales was a bust and Astro's Playroom was amazing but short. Probably going to pick up a racer next.

-edit-
                            Smyths is out of stock with Dirt 5 now.
                            Last edited by Cepp; 23-11-2020, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Yesterday I was playing Astro's Playroom and chatting with a mate through the built in speaker/mic on the pad - he had my screen up in picture-in-picture, and I had his while he played Demon's Souls. That's such a cool feature, and feels like a massive step up over the cumbersome messaging system (not to mention requirement for a headset to chat) on the PS4.
                              I haven't tried any party / sharing stuff but that sounds excellent - but I'm not sure I could tolerate Astro's Playroom while hacking away at Demon's Souls! I was definitely pleased to find a mute button right there on the controller though, that's a really smart change.

In general I'm pretty stoked with the system so far. In total agreement that Astro's Playroom has to be one of, if not the best pack-in game ever - what even is the alternative, thinking about it? The games will come in time, but for now I'm quite happy for the increase in horsepower for PS4 bits, and the few morsels we do have already. Having recently upgraded the home AV setup, things running in 4k @ 60fps look lovely.

Comment

Im still really happy with it. I've been testing a few games out and haven't really settled on one yet. The ps4 games that run at 60 are a marvel. They look and play so much better. I know I have demon souls, but dark souls 3 in 60 is great I found myself getting sucked back in.

Comment

Working...
                                X